I can’t believe it, but I actually made it to Kroger today! And I’m only 11 weeks pregnant!
For those of you who are wondering what that has to do with anything, let me explain: I usually have morning, noon, and night sickness in my first trimester and partway into my second trimester. This makes cooking, grocery shopping, or having much of anything to do with food prep entirely impossible because it just makes me too nauseous.
So that’s why you haven’t seen any Kroger shopping trips here or menu plans recently. The thought of even considering grocery shopping or menu planning was pretty much completely off limits for my stomach for weeks.
Jesse and Kathrynne are in South Africa right now and I was sad that that meant Jesse wouldn’t be able to run to the store to grab the Friday-Saturday deals.
But then, this morning, I woke up and felt uncharacteristically not queasy (I had totally forgotten what that was even like!) I decided I just might be able to brave a quick trip to the store.
And folks, I did it — and I made it out without getting sick!!!
I brought this helper along with me and couldn’t have done it without him. He helped me pick out everything and scanned most of the groceries at the self-checkout. He also decided to see how high he could stack the ice cream and it still stay in the cart while he pushed it! 😉
Here’s what we bought:
- 5 cartons Kroger ice cream — $1.49 with Friday-Saturday deal
- 1 bunch marked down bananas — $0.71
- 5 Danimals — $0.99 with Friday-Saturday deal
- 2 boxes Kroger yogurt tubes — marked down to $0.89 each (I put these in the freezer for the kids to use in their lunches)
- 4 packages Jell-O cups — $0.99 each (These looked SO good to me for some reason. And then I got home and decided they didn’t look good at all. But the kids were so excited about them, so I don’t think they are going to go to waste!)
- 1 Hershey’s pudding cups — $2 — I grabbed this not even realizing it wasn’t Jell-O. And didn’t even realize it until I got home. Clearly, I am a little rusty at the shopping thing! 🙂 We can also blame pregnancy brain considering I also left the keys in the car and the car unlocked when I went into the store. And didn’t realize it until I got back out to the car!! Oh goodness. I might need a babysitter!
Total with tax: $22.68
I can’t promise that I’ll be bringing back grocery store shopping trip posts on the regular just yet, but I am definitely celebrating that it happened today!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!