Did you set goals for 2019? Here’s an update on how I did on my 2019 goals in March.
It’s April 4, 2019. And it’s time to check in on our goals! How are you doing on the goals you set for 2019?
I spent some time today reviewing March and reflecting on the blessings of the past month and the lessons I learned. I also looked at my goals and how I was doing in each area. (If you missed My Goals for 2019 post, read it here.)
In order to keep myself accountable (and because I know some of you really enjoy these posts) I’m sharing a goals update post at the beginning of each month. I hope that this will not only motivate me to be focused and intentional this year, but I hope it might also inspire you in the goals you set for 2019.
So here’s my goals update for April 4, 2019:
Update: I finished 9 books in February — 3 were books I already own. Look for a Book Update post in the next few days where I share more about my thoughts on the books I finished.
2. Slowly read through the New Testament using the She Reads Truth Bible reading plans at the beginning of each chapter.
Update: I finished John in March.
Update: I finished to 7 audiobooks in March! Two of those I finished were ones I was already halfway through, but I was still super excited to have gotten in so much audiobook listening this past month!
Update: This has been going so well and I’m happy to report that I have been 100% keeping up with this. YAY! (You can see two posts I did on some of my organizing projects in January and February: Cleaning Out the Cookbooks & Organizing My Purse & Bathroom.)
5. Stay offline for 4 hours per day, 5 days per week. (I share more about why I chose this goal here.)
Update: I didn’t do this perfectly, but I hit this about 60% in March and with everything that went on and some extra work projects, I’m celebrating that.
6. Leave my phone in the basement every night. (I talk more about what inspired me to make this goal here.)
Update: I did this most every night in March except for the nights where I was traveling and the nights where Jesse was out of town (he was gone on three different trips in March, so I keep the phone by the bed when he’s gone in case he would need to get ahold of me).
7. Go to bed before 10:30 p.m. 5 days per week. (I’m using this little spreadsheet I made to track most of my personal goals)
Update: Okay, I’ll be honest and say I did not do a good job of this in March. Here’s to doing a better job in April!
8. Go on an overnight trip with Jesse without the kids.
Update: We got a trip booked to Destin, FL at the end of April!! We’re renting an AirBNB with two other couples and are so excited about it! We also are looking at possibly doing one other weekend trip later in the year. We’ll see!
9. One-on-one time with each child at least 3 times per week. (I am planning to dedicate 40 minutes per child after dinner each evening at least three nights per week to hang out and spend time with each child individually.)
Update: This has been going so well! And I’m thrilled to report that I hit this every week in March!
10. Take the kids to at least two continents and 4 states we haven’t traveled to. (We’re hoping to travel to Europe in the summer and South America at some other point during the year. I have travel alerts set up to track the best prices for flights and am hoping to find a great deal to snag in the next 4-6 months!)
11. Pay cash to redo our room and renovate our bathroom (we have to pull out the shower and put in a new one because it was installed incorrectly and is leaking and ruining the floor/wall and we want to do a few renovations while we’re at it + we want to finally decorate our room — we left it really bare when we moved in and decided to wait to prioritize it in the budget).
Update: We picked a contractor and are getting this booked! Hopefully it will be happening in the next two months!
12. Pay cash to paint the walls in the main floor of our home.
13. Fully fund our Emergency Fund (This is a carry-over from 2018 and we are hoping to have this done in the next few months).
Update: This is DONE! YAY!
14. Redo/set up a much more intentional customer acquisition experience for all three of our email newsletters.
Update: We’ve been hard at work behind the scenes working on this and made some BIG progress in March.
Update: I’m working on my next course, Monetize Your Blog, and it’s going to be a bigger/more comprehensive course than I’ve ever done but I’m continuing to make good progress.
16. Launch a Blog Coaching/Accountability Group membership. (I’ll be opening this up to a very limited number of people in January of 2019. Stay tuned!)
Update: We launched this to 100 people at the end of January and it is going SO WELL and I am just loving it already. We’ll be opening it up to more people in April. Stay tuned!