MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

40 Books I Plan to Read in 2019

(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)

I plan to read these 40 books from my bookshelf in 2019!! What's on your list?

One of my goals for 2019 was to read 40 books I already own. I finally had a chance to go through our bookshelves today and pick the 40 books I want to read.

For those who are interested, here are the books I chose (please note: I have not read these books, so by sharing them here, I am not endorsing or recommending them):

1. Secret Daughter
  35. Sacred Ground, Sticky Floors
  36. Parenting
  37. The Path Between Us
  38. Fierce Marriage
  39. Whisper
  40. Only Love Today
  41. When People Are Big and God is Small (whoops! I guess I actually picked out 41! I guess the last one is a bonus!)

By the way, I’m tracking the books I read this year on GoodReads and I’ll be doing a monthly update on what I read and a little review of each book!

Have you read any of these books? Which one(s) should I read first?

139 Comments

• Kiran says:

Beneath a Scarlet Sky and Before We Were Yours were so good!! They both dealt with tough subject matter but the stories were so engaging and well written. Beneath a Scarlet Sky will keep you on the edge of your seat.

• Leslie says:

You have got to read Sacred Ground Sticky Floors by Jami Amerine. My absolute favourite book this year!! Funny, so inspirational, well written with a little sense of humour along the way shining a light the trials of daily life. It for sure is a must read. This book is life changing!!

• Jayne says:

The Ministry of Ordinary Places is an amazing book! If you haven’t read her earlier book Falling Free, I recommend that one, too.

• You will love Jami Amerine’s book, “Sacred Ground Sticky Floors”- it’s such a nourishing and encouraging read!

• Nicole says:

From following you the last few years, I think you will enjoy Parenting. It gets a little redundant at the end, but the first few chapters really shook me. It addresses what our mission REALLY is as parents and also the concept of grace filled parenting.

• Bethany Bergen says:

I LOVED “Everybody Always” audiobook- Bob Goff’s voice made me smile every day that I listened:)! Enjoy!

• Rebecca says:

Definitely start with Jami Amerine’s book Sacred Ground, Sticky Floors!!

• I’ve read a lot of these and I recommend Off the Clock to start with–it will help you feel like you have the leisure to read the rest.

I reviewed it last year and it’s fundamental to so much else for anyone who has a busy life. http://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/2018/06/living-off-the-clock-as-a-homeschooler/

• Heather Wood says:

I love Daring to Hope.
    I didn’t know Katharine Reay had a new book out! I’ll have to check my library!

• I hope you love Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society! It’s one of my favorites!
    I have Everybody Always and Dare to Lead on my list for this year, too! Thanks for sharing your book choices 🙂

• Jacqueline says:

The Guernsey Literary Society was so good. I love books written in the format letter writing, its a lost art. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. You will probably be able to read it in one day under a blanket on a cold day, or on a beach on a hot day. Netflix made a movie based on the book that stayed true to the book! Your girls might enjoy it too. Enjoy it!

• Kelly says:

I love Shannan Martin’s books! I think I am probably the only person on the planet to say this, but I tried and tried to get into A Gentleman in Moscow but I just couldn’t. I finally gave up.

• BetsyD says:

I love your list and the variety is great!! The Guernsy Literary is wonderful! I agree with other commenters that the format is different and wonderful! Ed Welch’s book on When People are Big, God is Small is excellent. You will be greatly challenged and benefited from this book. I use it all the time in speaking with young women in my small group. So helpful. The same is true with Tripp’s Parenting book. Happy reading!

• Christy says:

From your list, I have read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way and The Ministry of Ordinary Places. I too loved the letter style of writing in The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society and I really enjoyed the story! I think there is now a movie on Netflix but I haven’t seen it yet.

I really enjoyed The Ministry of Ordinary Places. I just love how Shannan Martin and her family are sharing Jesus in unconventional ways and it expanded my thinking on hospitality.

I have just recently finished reading It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way and am doing the online Bible study that goes along with this book at Proverbs 31 ministries. It is so helpful (and gives hope) for people whose lives don’t look the way they thought they would look (and I think that affects us all in one way or another throughout our lifetime). I am doing the 2019 Reading Challenge on Goodreads this year too! I have set a goal of 25 and have read 5. I’m hoping to read more than 25 books, but I thought that was a good, doable goal for me to start with.

I’m excited to follow what you’re reading. I always enjoy your reviews on what you’ve read.

• Del says:

You need to move Parenting by Tripp up on your list (if the #’s equal reading order). It’s a great book filled with so much truth and grace. I wish he would have written it a long time ago!

• The numbers don’t equal reading order… my apologies if that was confusing! I just numbered them, but I’ll be reading them in whatever order I’m inspired to read them! 🙂

I’ve heard that was a great book and am looking forward to reading it!

• Christy says:

Thanks! I’m in the empty nest season of life so my evenings are usually free for reading.

• Stephanie says:

Parenting by Paul Tripp is amazing. Such good perspective. Can’t wait to check out the other books you picked!

• Sheryl says:

I’m excited how many of those are available in Scribd! Thank you.

• Brooke says:

A Gentleman in Moscow was awesome. I hope you enjoy it 🙂

• Christina Allen says:

#35!!! So good.

• Pamela Marks says:

How to walk away was a good book it read well and quickly.

• Severe Mercy is amazing–it has held up well. Becoming Mrs Lewis was good. Tgurst is on my list and I’ve now added a few otgers–thanks!

• Ashley says:

Sacred Ground Sticky Floors!! Absolutely Amazing. It is a must read!

• Sue Beth Jolly says:

I loved Sacred Ground Sticky Floors! very inspiring with some hilarious stories that will make you laugh out loud!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy