One of the best parts of blogging for me has been the opportunity I’ve had to get to know some really brilliant people who have done amazing things with their lives. One of those people I’ve been privileged to get to know a little through blogging is a man named Phil Vischer.
You might not know his name right off the bat, but I bet you’re familiar with VeggieTales®. Phil is the original VeggieTales® creator. And let me tell you he is the real deal.
He and his team are not only hilarious, they are humble, gracious, and warm-hearted. Phil is very honest about the mistakes he made with VeggieTales® and what his heart is for his current company and products.
We’ve long been huge fans of the What’s in the Bible? series and how it has served as a springboard to having amazing spiritual conversations with our kids.
Which is why I’m excited to tell you about JellyTelly today. It’s a kids’ streaming video app co-developed with VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer and it allows you to instantly stream hundreds of hours of fun, family-friendly videos and movies for kids about God, the Bible, and faith.
We signed up for it about four months ago and our kids have spent lots of afternoons during their movie time each day gathered around the computer or TV watching shows from it. I love that it offers a wide variety of fun and engaging entertainment options for kids, but that I don’t have to worry whether the content is safe or kid-friendly.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a FREE 7-day JellyTelly trial subscription.
- Once you’ve signed up, scroll through the videos and movies and shows they offer and add ones you or your kids want to watch to your playlist. There are shows from VeggieTales®, What’s In The Bible?, Hillsong Kids, the Jesus Storybook Bible and many more. Just hover over any video you want to add to your Playlist.
- You can play the videos directly on a laptop or desktop computer or through the JellyTelly streaming video app. The JellyTelly app is available for iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, and Kindle. We’ve used both the online site on our desktop computer and the app through Apple TV and not had any issues with either.
- If you watch a show and you or your kids really love it, you can choose to click “Favorite” on it to add it to your My Favorites list. Your Playlist and Favorites list can be accessed from the menu button.
- JellyTelly also offers a page with a variety of games on it. All of them are fun games and many have Bible-based themes.
- JellyTelly wants to encourage families to make screentime more meaningful. You can sign up at the bottom of any page on their site for their free weekly 5-minute family video devotional — design foster important conversations with your kids about their faith.
- If you decide to continue on after your free week is up, you’ll pay $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year. It’s a lot less than Netflix and you can trust that everything they offer is family-friendly and wholesome! (If you want to cancel your membership before the month is up — or at any time! — just go to the JellyTelly website click on “Cancel Membership” on the “My Account” page and follow the instructions for cancellation under the heading “Cancel Membership.”)
You can go here to watch a video about JellyTelly to learn more about their overall mission and how it works.
(Note: This post was underwritten by JellyTelly. Read our disclosure policy here.)
*Payment information is required when you sign up for the trial. If you do not wish to continue your membership once the free trial is up, visit the JellyTelly website and click on “Cancel Membership” on the “My Account” page and follow the instructions for cancellation under the heading “Cancel Membership.”
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!