Clear Out the Clutter Assignment #5: Get Rid of Your Clutter!
Now that you’ve purged your closets, drawers, shelves and home of unnecessary, unloved and unused things, it’s time to do something with your clutter. Don’t just pile it up somewhere or stuff it into boxes, get rid of it!
Here are some ideas for what to do with your unwanted clutter:
If you don’t want to hassle with selling stuff and you itemize your taxes, than donating your clutter to charity is a great option. Not only are you helping others out, but you can might be able to get a tax break for doing so.
Instead of just dumping things in the garbage, consider recycling it. If RecycleBank operates in your area, you can earn free coupons and more for your recycling efforts.
Did you know you could trade in old electronics and gadgets for cash or store gift cards? Erin from CouponCravings recently wrote an extensive piece on many of the programs available.
What are you doing with your clutter? What other ideas do you have for getting rid of your clutter or making money from your clutter? Tell us in the comments.
Other posts in the Clear Out the Clutter series
- Clear Out the Clutter Challenge: Who's With Me?
- Clear Out the Clutter Challenge: The Living Room and Coat Closet
- Clear Out the Clutter Challenge: Share how many items you've decluttered to enter to win a prize!
- Clear Out the Clutter Challenge: The Kitchen and Stockpile
- Clear Out the Clutter: The Master Bedroom
- Clear Out the Clutter: The Children's Rooms
- Clear Out the Clutter Challenge: Do Something With Your Clutter!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!