Need some easy meals for 25 people…or maybe just some easy recipes for large groups? Here’s how we fed 27 people on our recently family vacation including the meals we made + how we divvied up the responsibilities.
Easy Meals for 25+ People
Last week, we drove to Lampe, MO to spend a week at Table Rock Lake with almost all of my extended family. (This time around, it was my parents, 2 brothers, 3 sisters, and their spouses and kids. My youngest brother couldn’t come because he’s working at the Wild’s Christian Camp this summer).
My dad rented Caboose Junction Resort for us all (it has a main house and then 6 caboose that have been turned into small “cabins”).
In addition to spending lots of time skiing, boating, and swimming, we ate a lot of yummy meals. But in order to feed 27 people without it being too much work, we not only stuck with easy meals for 25+ people, but we also all pitched in and helped with the food.
Since you all loved my large group menu plan posts, I wanted to, once again, share what we ate and how we planned and divided up the responsibilities. This might give you some inspiration in case you need some suggestions for easy meals for 25+ people.
How We Planned and Divvied Things Up
Like last time, my sister planned the menu with easy meals that would feed a crowd and sent out a sign-up form using Perfect Potluck (it’s free and so easy to use!). Each family signed up for the main dishes and side dishes they wanted to be in charge of.
(A screenshot of the sign up form on Perfect Potluck.)
Whatever meals or parts of meals you signed up for, you were in charge of bringing the ingredients for and cooking/baking.
We also had a sign-up for kitchen clean-up, too, so that one person didn’t have to do a bunch of the clean up and everyone could enjoy plenty of time for fun!
Easy Breakfasts for 25+ People
Here’s what we served for breakfast:
- Pancakes, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Orange Juice
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, Sausage, Eggs, Orange Juice
- Baked French Toast, Bacon, Eggs, Orange Juice
- Baked Oatmeal Sausage, Eggs, Orange Juice
- Biscuits & Gravy, Eggs, Orange Juice
- Homemade Granola with Fruit and Yogurt
Easy Lunches for 25+ People
For lunch, we had our usual huge Build-Your-Own Salad Bar (most all of my family loves salads!). We also had bread and meat/cheese for sandwiches for the kids and any adults who didn’t just want a salad. In addition, we set out any leftovers from breakfast or dinner.
Build-Your-Own Salad Bar Ingredients: A variety of Greens and Lettuce, Canned Salmon, Boiled Eggs, Raisins, Seeds/Nuts, Avocados, Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Chickpeas, Cherry Tomatoes, Feta Cheese, Croutons, Dressings
Simple Dinners for 25+ People
If you’re looking for some really easy meals for 25+ people, here’s what we made for the dinners:
- Spaghetti Pie, Lettuce Salad, Garlic Bread, Green Beans, Fruit
- Southwest Rollups (Toppings: Shredded Lettuce, Sour Cream, Salsa), Mexican Rice, Fruit
- Pizza & Soda Pop (We ordered from a local pizza place — we ordered it online and then my dad went and picked it up.)
- Baked Potato Bar & Five Cup Salad (The toppings we had: Baked Potatoes, Taco Meat, Sour Cream, Cottage Cheese, Chopped Green Onions, Shredded Cheese, Bacon, Salsa, Chopped Tomatoes, Broccoli.)
- Grilled Chicken, Lettuce Salad, Homemade Biscuits, Corn on the Cob, Fruit Salad, Steamed Veggies, Twice Baked Potatoes. (I used the leftover baked potatoes to make these.)
- Hamburgers/Hot Dogs, Homemade French Fries, Veggie Tray, Leftover Corn on the Cob, Leftover Fruit Salad
It’s amazing how it’s not too much work on any one person to feed 25+ people if we all pitch in and help!
What other ideas of easy meals for 25+ people or easy recipes for large groups do you have? I’d love to hear!