Welcome to my weekly post I share a peek into our lives, talk about things I’m loving, share links to interesting articles or helpful ideas I’ve collected throughout the past week, and just talk about whatever is on my heart! ?
He was supposed to be taking a picture of something for me… instead, he took a number of photos like this! 😉
I told you that I had dubbed this the Summer of the Updo and I’m having fun trying different styles! 🙂
(Excuse the toilet photo bomb! ;))
I’ve especially been working on perfecting Dutch Braiding… and slowly but surely, I’m getting it!
We spent lots of time at the pool this past week!
And ooh and ahhed over this photo that my sister sent of Talon!
Friends had us over on Thursday night for Game Night and we learned how to play Settlers of Catan.
(We also enjoyed hanging out with some other friends on Friday night to eat Indian Food and play Dutch Blitz! We were having so much fun and I never got any pictures!)
On Friday, I texted a friend that we hadn’t gotten to see for too long and said, “We have brats/hot dogs, strawberries, corn on the cob, and ice cream, can we bring that over to your house for dinner on Saturday and hang out?” She had a few other things on hand and we pulled together a wonderful meal — requiring very little work from both of us!
After dinner, we all went and hung out at their neighborhood pool. It was such a great evening!
2018 Goals Update
1. Read 100 non-self-help books that will build me up/encourage me/inspire me/recharge me. (Fiction/story-driven/biographies/inspirational living books/devotionals.) See the list of 44 books I plan to read this year.
**Progress: 24 books read so far this year
2. Read through the entire Bible.
**Progress: I’m using the Robert Murray M’Cheyne plan and am all caught up— yay!
3. Write one handwritten note to someone every week.
**Progress: 25 notes written so far this year
4. Run 500 miles.
**Progress: 215 miles run so far
5. Go on an overnight trip with Jesse without the kids.Jesse and I went to NYC together in January.
6. Read 10 books aloud with the kids.
**Progress: I’ve finished one book so far.
7. Take the kids to South Africa.
**Progress: We bought our tickets!
8. Go on a family road trip.
**Progress: We’ve been researching some options for this. Stay tuned!
9. Save up to pay cash to finish off an office for me and workout room for Jesse and me in the basement in our new house.
**Progress: We’re working on finishing out the workout room.
10. Replenish our Emergency Fund (we dipped into it to replace my car when it got totaled because of the carpet beetle infestation.)
11. Increase our gross income from the business by 8%.
12. Launch 5 new courses.
**Progress: We launched 4 Weeks to a More Productive Life launched in January, Content Creation 101 in February, 4-Week Blog Coaching Program in March, Email List Setup 101 in March, and Make Over Your Mornings LIVE in April.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!