Looking for some fun dessert recipes that you can make ahead of time and freeze for later?
These are 7 of my favorite freezer-friendly dessert recipes…
1. Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies — This a staple dessert recipe in our family. It’s a hearty cookie that blends two of my favorite foods together — chocolate and peanut butter. And the whole-wheat flour and oats might help balance out the sugar and fat… or at least I like to tell myself that!
2. Better Than Mounds Bars — This delicious dessert from my sister is great for special occasions! If you take a plate of these decadent candy-bar-like cookies to a get-together or party, you will have people begging you for the recipe! They are very rich (which means one pan goes a long way!), indulgent, and an amazing addition to a plate of assorted homemade Christmas goodies.
3. Oreo Ice Cream Cake –Need a quick and easy recipe for a hot day? This is such a simple recipe and pretty much everyone loves it! This cake is perfect for a summer birthday or get-together. Plus, it doesn’t heat up the house!
4. Pumpkin Bars — For as long as I can remember, this recipe has been a family favorite during the fall months. Since these pumpkin bars are easy to make and the recipe makes a huge pan, they are perfect for serving to company or taking to a party. They also freeze beautifully, thaw extremely quickly, and stay incredibly moist without getting soggy.
5. Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies — These buttery gems are crispy on the edges and soft and gooey in the center. Not too puffy, and not too flat. Perfect. It’s a pretty basic recipe with a couple of interesting additions. I don’t recommend making any substitutions or leaving anything out!
6. Peanut Butter Bon-Bons — These bon-bons only take a handful of ingredients, make a large batch, and store in the freezer very well. They look fancy and indulgent and taste amazing. Just one word of warning, though: these are extremely addictive!
7. World’s Easiest Christmas Candy — We used to have a yearly family tradition of making this Christmas Candy. It’s the easiest stuff ever to make, it is inexpensive, and it’s SO addicting! And I think this would be a fun dessert any time of the year. 😉
Looking for other freezer-friendly recipe ideas? Try these:
- 7 Make-Ahead Freezer-Friendly Pancake Recipes (Plus Tips & Tricks!)
- 9 Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Recipes to Simplify Your Mornings
- My Top 7 Favorite Freezer-Friendly Muffin Recipes (Plus Grain-Free Options!)
- 8 Delicious & Healthy Freezer-Friendly Snack Ideas
What are some of your family’s favorite dessert recipes? I’d love to hear!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!