The past 10 days have felt like an emotional roller coaster ride for me. There were a lot of unexpected things thrown at me all at once. By the grace of God, I made it through. But it left me feeling drained and physically and emotionally exhausted… and more than a little tired!
The hair dresser says my hair is blond. I don’t usually think so, but maybe it is considering that in the last 24 hours I have:
1) Almost left my hotel room to go to an event only wearing one big earring.
2) Forgotten which hotel room # I was staying in (had to go down to the front desk to ask!!).
3) Couldn’t find the blow dryer in my hotel room and looked everywhere for it in my entire room only to discover it was right on the wall in the bathroom.
4) Got out of the shower to discover I had only shaved one leg!
5) Could not figure out how to get the blow dryer to work. Tried and tried and tried and was starting to just think I was going to have to show up with wet hair when I finally realized that IT WASN’T PLUGGED IN!
As a result, I know that the best thing for me this week — especially since I’m having surgery on Friday — is to have a quiet week with very short to-do lists and lots of margin time. Because I clearly need some rest and down time! 🙂
With this in mind, I’m sticking to six simple goals for this week…
My Goals From 2 Weeks Ago:
1. Start our fall homeschool schedule.
2. Finish reading one read aloud book with the kids.
3. Write a love note to Jesse.
4. Write thank you letters with the kids.
5. Exercise at least 5 times.
6. Finish at least two books.
7. Host friends from out of town for a little Blogging Retreat this weekend.
8. Write notes to the Compassion children we sponsor.
9. Write an article for an upcoming piece in a magazine. 10. Get everything ready for our big Make Over Your Mornings sale.
This Week’s Goals:
1. Finish reading one read aloud book with the kids.
2. Write a love note to Jesse.
3. Have an at-home Movie Date with Jesse.
4. Get at least 7+ hours of sleep every night.
5. Finish reading two fiction books.
6. Write notes to the Compassion children we sponsor.
How did you do on last week’s goals? What are your goals for this week? I’d love to have you share your progress on last week’s goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you’ve blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let’s cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!