I had a little more energy and a little less nausea this week (YAY for almost being in the second trimester!!), so I did a bit more of a “real” shopping trip.
Full disclosure: We’re still a few weeks away from getting back to our $70 grocery budget and the family is still eating a lot of cereal, snack foods, super quick meals (like scrambled eggs and frozen waffles), and take out. I’m okay with that because we always loosen up our grocery bill and eating out budget during the first trimester of pregnancy. It’s a season and one of the reasons we are so careful and intentional with our finances is so that we can change up the budget categories, if need be.
I hope to be back to our $70 grocery budget and menu planning in the next few weeks, just as soon as more energy returns and I feel well enough to be able to do more cooking/planning/grocery shopping.
For now, I’m just celebrating the fact that I made it to the store with a small plan and was able to get some good deals on groceries and managed to survive without getting sick! Here’s what we bought:
$47 Kroger Shopping Trip
- 5 boxes of Red Baron pizza — $1.99 each as part of the 3-day deals
- 4 bags of Kettle Chips — $0.99 each as part of the 3-day deals
- Simple Truth Greek Yogurt — marked down to $0.49
- Grapes — $0.99/lb. — $1.90
- 30 eggs — marked down to $1.49
- 1 bag of avocados — marked down to $0.99
- 5 boxes of Mott’s Fruit Snacks (40-count) — $1.99 each as part of the 3-day deals
- Yoplait Gogurts — marked down to $0.99
- Tropicana OJ — $3
- Flour — $1.59
- Sugar — $1.59
- Milk — $2.99
- 4 cans of pumpkin — $0.89 each
- Chocolate chips — $1.99 (I was craving Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins… unfortunately, my stomach quickly decided it did not like them at all. But hey, my family was happy to eat the rest!)
- Total with tax: $47.19
Did you find any great deals at the grocery store this week?
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!