It’s easy to get sucked into the idea that fun and entertainment must cost money. However, there are dozens of ways you can have fun without spending anything at all!
Here are just a few of the many ideas we had… feel free to share yours in the comments below.
Fun Things To Do For Free To Build Relationships
3. Bake something for your family or for a friend.
4. Join a small group or Bible study.
5. Pray for someone and then text them to let them know you prayed for them.
7. Invite friends or neighbors to your house instead of going out.
8. Make a meal for a friend.
Personal Wellness Activities That Are Free
9. Take a nap.
11. Count your blessings.
12. Do devotions and pray over your day.
13. Give yourself a manicure or pedicure at home.
14. Go for a walk and pick some wildflowers.
15. Go for a bike ride.
16. Make a bucket list.
17. Try a new hairstyle (on yourself or others).
19. Go to bed earlier.
20. Take a hot bath or shower.
21. Do an at-home facial.
22. Bring flowers from your garden into your home (or to a neighbor’s house).
Things To Do For Free: Entertainment Ideas
25. Have a family movie night with fun snacks.
26. Find free art, music, or educational classes online
27. Have a bonfire and make s’mores or hobo pies.
28. Listen to a podcast or audiobook.
29. Make a variety of playlists and share them with friends.
30. Camp in your backyard (or your basement).
31. Watch the sunset and/or star gaze.
33. Go to the park.
34. Go to the beach.
35. Go to the library.
36. Go to church (either Sunday services or weeknight activities).
37. Go to a friend’s house.
38. Visit a museum on a free admission day.
39. Go for a hike at a local nature center.
40. Volunteer at a local mission or shelter.
41. Decorate your driveway or neighborhood sidewalks with chalk.
Free Things To Do Today: Home Improvement
43. Weed your garden.
44. Have a garage sale (after you declutter!)
45. Deep clean one room in your home.
46. Implement an “eat from the pantry/freezer challenge” and come up with creative recipes.
47. Catch up on the laundry!
48. Wash and vacuum your vehicles.
49. Defrost your freezer.
50. Wash your windows and let the sun in.
Things To Do For Free in the Winter
Have a snowman-building contest.
Try to build an igloo.
Go snowshoeing or skiing.
Make a hot chocolate buffet at home (with a variety of toppings).
Drive around looking at the lights.
Write letters (or emails) to friends and family.
Visit the library.
Host a board game night at your house.
Learn to knit (there are lots of online tutorials for this!)
Things To Do For Free in the Summer
Go for a hike, a walk, or a bike ride.
Walk a dog with friends or neighbors.
Visit a local park with friends.
Head to the beach (or a friend’s pool).
Sit around a campfire in your backyard.
Invite friends over to run in the sprinklers.
Have a picnic in your front yard with neighbors.
Pick flowers from your garden or the side of the road.
Watch a sunset or sunrise.
Read a good book while laying in a hammock or on the lawn.
Give yourself an at-home pedicure.
More Fun Things To Do For Free
Free Things To Do FAQs
There are an endless number of fun things you can do with friends all throughout the year.
Consider going for a group walk or having a picnic in the park during spring. Summer would be a great time to head to the beach together. In the fall, you could set up a weekly game night (board/card games) or Bible study. And winter is a great time for a white elephant gift exchange or an at-home pedicure party.
Much of this just comes down to your attitude! Even if you are an extrovert, you can still find plenty of ways to have fun when you’re home alone.
Catch up on your favorite books, TV shows, movies, or podcasts (you can even clean, fold laundry, or exercise while listening to podcasts.) Call a friend. Write letters to special people in your life or just journal for a while. Cook or bake a special meal. Take an extra long shower or bath. Take a nap!
What about you?