Did you set goals for 2019? Here’s an update on how I did on my 2019 goals in September.
It’s October 7, 2019. And it’s time to check in on our goals! How are you doing on the goals you set for 2019?
I spent some time today reviewing October and reflecting on the blessings of the past month and the lessons I learned. I also looked at my goals and how I was doing in each area. (If you missed My Goals for 2019 post, read it here.)
Note: This month looks very different than my other months. I’m currently in a season of just doing the best I can do and being okay with that.
In order to keep myself accountable (and because I know some of you really enjoy these posts) I’m sharing a goals update post at the beginning of each month. I hope that this will not only motivate me to be focused and intentional this year, but I hope it might also inspire you in the goals you set for 2019.
So here’s my goals update for September 2019:
Update: I only finished 1 book in September. Which is mostly due to me being pregnant, having a huge product launch (Monetize Your Blog) and 3 trips in 3 weeks. Plus, the fact that listening to audiobooks made me nauseous and most of the time I might have usually spent reading, I spent sleeping instead (thanks to my first trimester).
2. Slowly read through the New Testament using the She Reads Truth Bible reading plans.
Update: I started reading through the Psalms.
Update: I finished zero audiobooks in September because listening to them made me sick to my stomach, for some odd reason! (Pregnancy does weird things to you!)
Update: Confession: I didn’t do this at all in September. (You can see two posts I did on some of my organizing projects in January and February: Cleaning Out the Cookbooks & Organizing My Purse & Bathroom.)
5. Stay offline for 4 hours per day, 5 days per week. (I share more about why I chose this goal here.)
Update: I didn’t do a great job of this in September because I spent so much time online working on the course launch. But I DID take every Sunday completely off.
6. Leave my phone in the basement every night. (I talk more about what inspired me to make this goal here.)
Update: I didn’t do this at all in September… mostly because I have a really hard time falling asleep at night right now because I have nausea the worst at night, so I often will listen to or watch something on my phone to help me try to pass the time until I feel more tired than I am sick and can fall asleep.
7. Go to bed before 10:30 p.m. 5 days per week. (I’m using this little spreadsheet I made to track most of my personal goals)
Update: I was in bed well before 10:30 p.m. almost every night in September. Falling asleep was an entirely different story (see above). But hey, at least I was in bed! 🙂
8. Go on an overnight trip with Jesse without the kids.
Update: We went on an incredibly fun trip to Destin, FL! Jesse and I drove by ourselves to FL and then we met up with two other couples there. We stayed in an AirBNB and split the cost three ways. Since it was off season, it made for a very inexpensive trip and we had the BEST time!
9. One-on-one time with each child at least 3 times per week. (I am planning to dedicate 40 minutes per child after dinner each evening at least three nights per week to hang out and spend time with each child individually.)
Update: I did a pretty good job of this in September, but often it was the kids coming and sitting next to me on the bed while I was resting.
10. Take the kids to at least two continents and 4 states we haven’t traveled to. (We’re hoping to travel to Europe in the summer and South America at some other point during the year.)
Update: We went to Iceland (Europe) in June and also to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. I’m not sure if we’re going to be able to cross another continent off our list this year… I’m still hoping to find a really good deal on flights/travel, but we’ll see.
11. Pay cash to redo our room and
renovate our bathroom (we have to pull out the shower and put in a new one because it was installed incorrectly and is leaking and ruining the floor/wall and we want to do a few renovations while we’re at it + we want to finally decorate our room — we left it really bare when we moved in and decided to wait to prioritize it in the budget).
Update: We finished the bathroom renovation at the end of July! We still need to work on our room.
12. Pay cash to paint the walls in the main floor of our home.
13. Fully fund our Emergency Fund.
Update: This is DONE! YAY!
14. Redo/set up a much more intentional customer acquisition experience for all three of our email newsletters.
Update: We’ve been hard at work behind the scenes working on this and made some good progress in September.
Update: We launched Monetize Your Blog in September, which was a HUGE accomplishment!
(Some of the bloggers from my Mastermind group got together for a one day event in July! It was such an amazing day!)
16. Launch a Blog Coaching/Accountability Group membership. (I’ll be opening this up to a very limited number of people in January of 2019. Stay tuned!)
Update: We opened this up to new members in April and I’m just loving leading this! Interested in being the first to find out when we open up to new members again? Be sure to join the waitlist!
How are YOU doing on your goals for 2019? I’d love to hear about your successes and struggles. Tell us in the comments!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!