I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our disclosure policy here.
Kroger had some more weekend deals that were worth picking up this past Saturday. (Psst! If you loaded the Ketchup or Mayo coupons onto your card, Kroger extended the date on those through June 30, 2018!)
Saturday Kroger Shopping Trip — $24.36
- 1 bag of limes — marked down to $0.99
- 2 cantaloupe — marked down to $0.99 each
- 1 bag of peppers — marked down to $0.99
- Eggs — $1.09
- Pickles — $1.49
- 5 packages of Hillshire Farms Sausage — $1.88 each with the Weekend Digital Coupon Deals
- Milk — $2.69
- 2 Fage yogurts — marked down to $0.59 (got $0.75 back per cup from Ibotta making them essentially “free + overage” after rebate)
- 2 bottles of Heinz Ketchup — $0.99 each with the Weekend Digital Coupon Deals
- 1 jar Mayo — $0.99 with the Weekend Digital Coupon Deal
- 3 boxes of Aunt Jemima pancake mix — marked down to $0.99 per box (these were on the Scratch & Dent table at Kroger) — I bought these so we can have our friends over for more Breakfast for Dinner nights after going to pool! We did this last week and it was such a hit & I’m hoping it will work out again this week, too!
- Total with tax: 24.36
In healthier news, I have been making a cup of Turmeric Milk (or tea or whatever you want to call it) every day. This stuff is so good — and so good for you!
I hit the jackpot of great markdowns today at Kroger! Here’s what I got:
Tuesday Kroger Shopping Trip — $20.22
- 3 packages of Frigo Cheese — $1.99 each when you purchase 6 participating items, used $0.75/1 Kroger Digital Coupon, used 2 $0.75/1 Frigo Cheese coupons = $1.24 each after coupons
- Bananas — marked down — $0.87
- Bag of 3 cucumbers and a pepper — marked down to $0.99
- Big bag of clementines — marked down to $0.99
- 4 bottles of Cream Soda — marked down to $0.39 each (+ I got a 10% off discount at checkout on these — not sure why, but I’ll take an additional $0.14 off!)
- 3 boxes of cereal — marked down to $1.19 each
- 2 bottles of Organic Agave nectar — marked down to $1 each
- 1 Lifeway Kefir cup —marked down to $0.89
- 2 yogurts — marked down to $0.39 each
- 4 yogurts — marked down to $0.49 each
- 3 bags of Mrs. Cubbinson’s Croutons — $0.89 each when you buy 6 participating items, used 1 $1/2 coupons (+ submitted for $0.25 Ibotta rebate per bag)
- Total with tax: $20.22
This Week’s Simple Menu Plan
This menu is subject to change a little if I find some great deals or markdowns! ?
Mac & Cheese, Cereal, Cheese/Crackers, Fruit, Veggies, Leftovers, Eggs, Yogurt, Salad
Marked Down Yogurt, Fruit, Ice Cream Bars, Cheese/Crackers, Granola Bars
Monday: Peppers/Onions/Sausage over rice, Fruit
Tuesday: Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, Fruit
Wednesday: Grilling out — Sausage & Corn on the Cob, Fruit
Thursday: Dinner out with my parents (they are coming into town for a day!)
Friday: Ziti (from the freezer), Peas, Fruit
Saturday: Breakfast for Dinner: Pancakes, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Fruit
Sunday: Snack-y Dinner
Total Spending So Far This Week
Total spent so far this week: $44.58
Total left to spend: $25.42
Rebates: $2.50 for submitting a receipt to Ibotta & buying the Fage yogurt and croutons, $0.37 back from Fetch Rewards for scanning two receipts (If you haven’t signed up for Fetch Rewards, you can sign up here and use code WW7XJ and you’ll get a bonus 2,000 points = worth $2.)
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!