MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Crockpot Taco Soup

Crockpot Taco Soup

We loved this Crockpot Taco Soup! It was so, so easy to make and so versatile.

If you watched my video where I made this recipe live, you can laugh because y’all, I just can’t seem to follow a recipe perfectly. For the life of me. I just can’t.

Maybe it’s the experimenter in me. Maybe it’s the stubborn side of me. Or maybe it’s just because I’m not good at following directions! 😉

(Don’t even ask my husband about me trying to navigate to a new destination… I basically never make it there without taking at least a few wrong roads — even with WAZE loudly directing me exactly where I should go!)

Crockpot Taco Soup

Whatever it is, I’m just not the girl who would ever win the BEST RECIPE FOLLOWER AWARD. Nope. I would likely come in last place if there was a contest for that.

So, of course, you know that I didn’t follow this recipe exactly as the original stated… that would just be boring. 🙂

Crockpot Taco Soup

Here’s how I tweaked it:

Looking for easy fall recipes? This Crockpot Taco Soup looks SO delicious, and you'll save on time and clean-up since it's made in the slow cooker!

9 Comments

1. Kim says:

The taco soup sounds yummy either way! God told me to use what I have. It save me both time & $–on things I would purchase & the gas to go get it. I’m making my own frozen mixed veggies for the freezer this summer. They are a combination of what I have & what gardeners have given me this summer–none are the traditional carrots, peas, green beans, & corn. I’ll use them in chowders, soups, shepherd’s pie, etc.

2. Nicole says:

Hopefully this is good! My 4 year old basically just made it for me while I fed the baby. You just saved my night because I totally forgot to pull something out of the freezer and just realized its 2pm and I have no dinner plan, but I have everything in this recipe including the meat already cooked in the freezer. Even better we all have to eat dinner at different times tonight so it can stay warm in the crock pot. Thank you!

• Amy says:

What did you think?

• Nicole says:

It was pretty good. My husband and 4 year old liked it and they are the real critics. We left the ranch dressing out because my husband is GF and most ranch dressing is not GF and I’m too tired these days to make it myself. Also gave us plenty of leftovers. Thank you!

3. Rosanna says:

I have a chicken taco soup recipe that a friend gave me. It’s delicious! This one sounds just as good. We add some grated cheese and broken up taco chips to ours and it becomes a huge hit around here.

On another note, I completely relate to not following a recipe. I try my best to use what I have on hand rather than running to the store all the time. The other night I made a sausage vegetable soup. I didn’t follow any recipe, just used stuff I had in the fridge. It was a huge hit around here!

4. Kristen says:

Has anyone tried this putting the meat in raw and letting it cook all day?

5. I’ll have to give this one a try! I’ve never seen a taco soup recipe with ranch dressing in it – interesting! Thanks for passing this along!

6. Karen says:

I made this a couple of weeks ago when you posted about it. Like you, I often change recipes to use what I have on hand. As I was reading the recipe, I was mumbling to myself that I didn’t have ground beef, but I had turkey. I had a half can of tomatoes in the refrigerator left over from a previous meal. My husband started laughing, when I asked why, he said, “Next you’re going say I’ve got an old shoe I can throw in there.” Thanks for the great recipes.

7. This looks so easy and delicious. We are expecting a baby soon and have 3 boys so our lives are super busy. I thought I’d share my favorite slow cooker chicken tortilla soup too. It’s amazing and easy! http://www.homeecathome.com/the-home-economist/crockpot-chicken-tortilla-soup

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy