We loved this Crockpot Taco Soup! It was so, so easy to make and so versatile.
If you watched my video where I made this recipe live, you can laugh because y’all, I just can’t seem to follow a recipe perfectly. For the life of me. I just can’t.
Maybe it’s the experimenter in me. Maybe it’s the stubborn side of me. Or maybe it’s just because I’m not good at following directions! 😉
(Don’t even ask my husband about me trying to navigate to a new destination… I basically never make it there without taking at least a few wrong roads — even with WAZE loudly directing me exactly where I should go!)
Whatever it is, I’m just not the girl who would ever win the BEST RECIPE FOLLOWER AWARD. Nope. I would likely come in last place if there was a contest for that.
So, of course, you know that I didn’t follow this recipe exactly as the original stated… that would just be boring. 🙂
Here’s how I tweaked it:
Crockpot Taco Soup
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 can beef broth (14.5 oz.)
- 1 can kidney beans (16 oz.)
- 1 can black-eyed peas (the original recipe calls for black beans, but I didn’t have any)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes & green chilies (10 oz.)
- 2 Tablespoons ranch dressing
- 3 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Add all ingredients to your crockpot and mix together. Cook on high for two hours or until heated through (or on low for 4 hours). Serve with cheese, tortilla chips or Fritos, and/or sour cream. Serves 4-6.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!