MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

6 Companies That Will Pay You for Taking Online Surveys

(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links, and we will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking through our links. Read our disclosure policy here.)

Surveys are a great way to make some extra income on the side! This is a great list of legitimate survey sites you can trust!

This list has been updated with new sign-up links!

Looking for something to do to earn a little extra side income or gift cards? You won’t get rich taking surveys, but they are a nice way to earn a little extra income on the side. This is something I enjoyed doing when Jesse was in law school, I had a lot of free time on my hands, and we had little money.

If you’re looking for legitimate survey companies to sign up with, here are a few to check out:

Pinecone Research: This is my personal favorite survey site. They pay $3 promptly for every survey completed. Go here and sign up to see if you qualify.

Swagbucks: The best part of this site is how easy it is to cash out. Save up your points if you want, or redeem for a $1, $3 or $5 Amazon Gift Card right away! Get paid $0.50 to $50 per survey, depending on how long it takes you, plus a $3 bonus for signing up. Swagbucks will also pay you to watch videos, try products, shop online, and even search the web. Go here to sign up.

MySurvey: This is a reputable survey site that I have used in the past and earned money from. You can redeem your points earned for cash or prizes, and every 1000 points equals $10. Go here to get started.

Ipsos i-Say: A reputable, global survey-based market research company that gives its community members a chance to provide opinions in exchange for survey points that earn you money. Earn towards gift cards to spend at your favorite places such as Starbucks, Amazon, Target, and more. Or just trade in for cash through prepaid VISA gift cards or Pay Pal funds! Go here to see if you qualify. (Spots fill up quickly and reset each month, so if you aren’t accepted, try back around the 1st of the next month!)

Opinion Outpost: Pays in point rewards for every completed survey. You can cash these in for instant win opportunities, sweepstakes, or cash. There are also opportunities to do free product testing. You can choose to get paid at $5 for an Amazon gift card or at $10 for cash. Go here to sign up.

Toluna: When you sign up for Toluna, you will receive 500 points to welcome you to the site. When you have earned at least 60,000 points, you may redeem your points for a cash reward. Go here to sign up with Tulona.

What are your favorite legitimate survey companies? Tell us in the comments!

P.S. You can also sign up for Inbox Dollars where you’ll get paid to read emails, search the web, take surveys, and more. I loved earning free gift cards from Inbox Dollars when Jesse was in law school and I had a lot more time than money.

Looking for more in-depth advice on how to make money from home?

Be sure to check out my book Money-Making Mom: How Every Woman Can Earn More and Make A Difference, where I share creative ways to manage money, generate income and–most importantly–live a life of deeper meaning, fulfillment, and generosity than you might have ever imagined possible. This book is packed with hard-won wisdom, real-life stories, and practical tips to help inspire and motivate you!

I also highly, highly recommend Angie Nelson’s eCourse: How to Land Your First Work-At-Home Job. This step-by-step guide is packed with valuable information and tips!

23 Comments

• Rose says:

My Points now also has VIDEOS !!!

• Jacks says:

I just cashed out at Pinecone Research for around $50 (think I signed up around March or so of this year). Every little bit helps for Christmas!!
    I also use Opinion Outpost, and you can cash out pretty quick for Amazon giftcards. They don’t have a whole lot of reward choices, but I normally go for cash or Amazon anyway so it works for me! Also OO can be a little more “frustrating” than PR because you are not guaranteed to get approved for every survey…and sometimes you’re a few minutes into it before they decide to tell you that. Also tried Swagbucks for surveys but those can tend to be harder to get approved for like OO. I’m “just” a stay-at-home-Momma, but still gotta watch out so I don’t waste too much time…
    Overall I like PR because it’s a sure thing and easy 3bucks when you get a survey link in your email!

• Melissa says:

Inboxdollars is another good one. By simply taking a few minutes each morning to check a few advertisement emails, use their search feature on the site, and take a survey or two, I earned about $60 in 3 months. It’s not going to make you rich overnight by any means, but it’s a great way to receive bonus money in the mail that you otherwise wouldn’t be expecting, and all it costs you is a few minutes a day.

• Lee Broom says:

I like I-Say.com, and Yourword.com , pluggedinglobal.com and my favorite, Swagbucks.com, which always has tons of surveys and other ways of earning. I-Say has amazon cards or paypal that you can get with enough points earned, and Yourword has $5 amazon that pays immediately, and plugged in global pays $10 amazon once a month, when you have enough points built up by answering interesting poll questions. I also use Pinecone and MySurvey and Opinion Outpost….which are all great survey companies.

• Karen says:

Are the legit i am real leary but wsnt to find the right surverys for bringing in cash.

• Janet says:

Hi I have been making money for years with these programs, I wouldn’t stick with it if I wasn’t. At the end of every year I total my earnings. Last year 2017 I got lazy and only made $900, previous years I’ve made $1500 with different apps on my phone.

• Rhoda says:

I do Harris Polls and Global Test Market which allow you to turn your points in for gift cards.

• Kristy says:

Does anyone know if any of these sites work overseas? I have a US address, but live most of the time outside of the country. I signed up for one of these types of sites once not too long ago, but after all the hassle of getting things set up discovered that I had to be in the US to participate in any surveys. >.< If any one knows of some that definitely work outside the US, I'd appreciate knowing which ones!

• Preston says:

Hi Kristy,

I know of a few sites that work overseas but aren’t online surveys. You can put your time into website reviewing. I found them to pay more and be a lot more enjoyable. Sites like UserTest.io, WhatUsersDo, TryMyUi and UserTesting all pay people to review websites. UserTest.io for instance, pays £8 for every website review. I actually prefer them, as they pay the most out of all the sites and give you the most sites to review. You can check them out at: https://usertest.io/Tester/Signup

Hope this helps you or at least someone out there! 🙂

• B says:

MThoughts is another. It’s linked to MPlaces so you have to have both. I’ve earned a lot of money with these two sites.

• sarah says:

I’m a National Consumer Panel member. They have an app that you can use instead of the hand scanner. This allows you to scan the purchases in the store (as you put them in your cart) instead of waiting until you get home. I don’t do this for big grocery orders, but if I’m just running to the store for a few things, I can scan quickly before I get home and forget.

• Kimberly Matos says:

I’ve used Survey Junkie and they are great, you only need $10 to redeem via paypal, and when you do it’s pretty much instant. I’ve also used Global Test market, but you have to have $50 to redeem, and they screen you out a LOt, but when you do complete a survey it pays about $1.50, whereas survey junkey is typically $.50-$1. I’ve tried swagbucks, but it takes forever to get enough points.

• Jennifer says:

I’m curious if you’ve ever tried Vindale Research, Crystal. If so, what are your reviews on the company? I came across it on Pinterest and was considering trying that one as well.

• Lisa says:

I do not like inbox dollars. I got nothing but spam emails. Every time I would do a survey they asked prior questions and then subsequently stared receiving calls regarding answers from the survey. No thank you. They emails drove me crazy as well.

• Julie says:

Do you have an Updated List of all the company’s with affiliated links to signup for?

• Renee says:

Are there any concerns with sharing your personal information for these sites? I am being asked for my children’s birthdays and I just want to make sure it is safe.

• Debbie Oliver says:

Im 63 years old and have signednup for all these survey panels and very rarely do I qualify for surveys. Im so frustrated.and wondering if people younger than me have more success. Maybe these companies only want people of a certain median age??!!

• Lisa says:

I have spent hours taking surveys and quizzes that did not have a reward. Thank you so much!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy