MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Homemade All Purpose Cleaner

Homemade All Purpose Cleaner

This Homemade All Purpose Cleaner was so easy to whip up! It literally took me maybe three minutes total, including getting out and putting away all the supplies!

Homemade All Purpose Cleaner

I was really happy with the end result. It’s a little strong on the vinegar side — but that may also be because I used Apple Cider vinegar instead of white vinegar (that’s what I happened to have on hand).

If you wanted to make it a little less vinegar-y, I think you could cut back on the vinegar and add more water instead. Or, you could add more essential oil.

The spray seems to work very effectively and this is definitely a homemade cleaner recipe I’d make again.

>>Download the Homemade All Purpose Cleaner recipe instructions.<<

More Homemade Cleaner Recipes I’ve Tried:

13 Comments

• jen keith says:

yay homemade foaming soap recipe and window cleaner recipe, thanks so much!

• The smell of vinegar reminds me of dying Easter eggs when I was a kid. My mother-in-law uses vinegar to clean everything, so when ever I’m at her house after she has cleaned, I always have Easter eggs on the mind 🙂

• Katie says:

I love making homemade cleaners! Tea Tree Oil is my favorite essential oil to use. It seems to take away a lot of the vinegar scent. The only downside to it is that the tea tree oil scent tends to linger longer than the vinegar scent would.

• melissa says:

I wonder if I could use this on my wood floors? Does it leave any streaks? And can you store it in a plastic bottle for a while or does something go bad somehow?

• Amy says:

I just use water and vinegar on my hardwood floors.

• Jessica says:

Amy, may I ask how long you (or any other readers) have been using a vinegar/water spray on your hardwood? There is so much conflicting information in regards to what will damage wood flooring. I have been told by multiple people to never use vinegar on the floors because of the acid wearing the floor down over time. Have you seen any indication of that happening in your home? (I hope not, of course!) THANKS!

• tina says:

Remember to use cooled boiled water or distilled to inhibit the growth of bacteria in solutions that will be stored for a while.

• lyss says:

Just a warning on the apple cider vinegar. ACV can cause staining due to its darker color, which is why white vinegar is normally used for cleaning. Not sure where you’re using it, but I’d be cautious using it on white tubs and toilets, on tile with white grout, etc… Just make sure you test it first, and you’ll probably have to rinse more than you would than when using white vinegar. That said, do what works for you! : )
    My personal all-purpose cleaner is simply half white vinegar/half water, with maybe the addition of essential oils.
    Have you tried the stain remover that is just peroxide and dawn dish soap? I recently made it and it’s worked well for me. My only problem with it is that the scent is really strong.

• Susan says:

I was going to say the same thing as Lyss. Use good ‘ole white vinegar for cleaning, not apple cider vinegar. White vinegar won’t stain, whereas ACV and other darker vinegars can. Plus, white vinegar is a lot less expensive.

Vinegar and baking soda is a great combo for cleaning.

• Jenna says:

Thanks for the recipe! Love Plant Therapy EOs-highest quality, great value!

• Jessica says:

Just wanted to let people know to use this cautiously if you have pets in the home. Concentrated Tea Tree oil can be toxic to dogs and cats! A small exposure to the spray is no biggie but if they were to lick a concentrated drop or get ahold of the bottle it could be a significant concern.

• Keisha says:

Thanks for mentioning the caution Jessica. I am planning on making this and I do have a small dog at home. I will be careful!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy