MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Layered Nacho Dip

Layered-Nacho-Dip

Guest post from Brigette Shevy

This is a fantastic recipe to make for a New Year’s party! It’s great to serve as an appetizer, a “finger food,” or as part of a Mexican meal any time of the year, but I make it often for gatherings around the holidays. People always appreciate something that’s not sweet, for a change!

A family New Year’s Eve party was a much-anticipated yearly event in our household growing! My dad always planned a bunch of silly games that he made up (let’s just say the man is pretty creative using standard household items like toilet paper and shaving cream!),

When the games were over, the snacks began. After that, we watched old home movies and did more snacking, of course! Although my mom didn’t serve this every New Year’s Eve, she often did – and it has always been one of my favorite snacks (and forever associated with New Year’s Eve in my mind!).

Layered-Nacho-Dip

This recipe has been in our family for so long, and we have made it so many times that no one know can remember where it came from! I can safely say that this colorful, crowd-pleasing dip will continue to be a family favorite for many more years to come.

If you’re looking for a festive, yummy treat to bring in the New Year with, this is a recipe that won’t disappoint!

Brigette is a full-time wife and mother who is blessed with three amazing bundles of energy and another on the way. She enjoys music, experimenting in the kitchen, homeschooling her children, finding great deals, long-distance running, and anything chocolate.

12 Comments

• R Marie says:

Saw this post today and realized I had all of the ingredients on hand. Whipped up a batch and it is delicious! Thank you for posting this. The kids and husband will enjoy this tonight.

• Rhonda says:

I have made this every New Year’s Eve and it is always a hit!

• Brigette says:

That’s so fun to hear someone else with a similar New Year’s Eve food tradition! Great minds think alike I guess. 😉

• Yum! We make a similar version of this. I combine the taco seasoning and sour cream, which really boosts the flavor. Definitely one of my favorite “party foods.”

• Dee Wolters says:

About 24 years ago I was to attend the Christmas party with my husband’s company, and I was to bring appetizer. All these folks were great cooks, so I was pretty scared. And we were living on a beans and rice budget- as I was unemployed and we were paying off school loans. I found a recipe similar to this in the appetizer section of “The Betty Crocker Cookbook” and made it. To my surprise, everyone raved about it all night. And for the next several years I was asked to bring it again. Great recipe!!

• Rachel says:

I made something similar for a Christmas party last year but put individual servings into clear plastic ‘punch’ cups. Made a great portable dip!

• Allie says:

We made a batch of this for New Year’s Eve and it was delicious!!! Definitely a hit! I wanted to share a little alteration we made. Instead of the refried beans, we used some black beans that we already had cooked up and leftover in our fridge. I’m sure it would be fantastic with refried beans as well, but just wanted to share that black beans work great too. 🙂

• Brigette says:

I am so glad you liked it! And happy to know that black beans work well too. 🙂 I am all about using what you already have or need to use up! 🙂

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy