I learned a lot about myself and goal-setting this past year. With these lessons in mind, I’ve simplified goal-setting even more for 2014 (more on that in a post I’ll be sharing later tonight).
Jesse and I spent time really discussing what my focuses should be for 2014 and we nailed down four areas that are my priorities for this year:
- Marriage: to continue to invest time and energy to strengthen and nurture our marriage and make it one of the greatest priorities
- Mothering: to continue to invest in our children with the goal of teaching them character, life skills, and raising them to be responsible adults
- Myself: to make my health a priority and to invest in my personal growth as a Christian, business owner, writer, speaker, and leader
- MoneySavingMom.com: to invest time into blogging — not just overseeing the business and my team, but making writing content pieces one of my top blogging priorities
Having these specific areas determined at the beginning of the year will really help me to prioritize throughout the year and will give me much clearer direction on when, where, and what to say no to over the next 12 months.
With these focus areas in mind, here are my 12 goals for 2014:
1. Read 6 marriage books.
2. Write 50 love notes to Jesse.
3. Read 40 books aloud to the kids.
4. Finish memorizing Romans 1 together.
5. Go through a cooking course with the kids. (Anyone have a recommendation?)
6. Read through the Bible.
7. Memorize Romans 2.
8. Run a 5K race and go through P90X again.
9. Read 150 books/ebooks.
10. Write 150 substantive content pieces for the blog.
11. Write 50 DIY/Recipe posts for the blog.
12. Blog about/participate in the 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge (more on this tomorrow!)
Did you set goals for 2014 yet?
If you’ve posted goals for 2014, I’d love for you to share your link in the comments. Or, if you don’t have a blog, feel free to just leave a comment with a list of your goals. I’ll post an update at the end of each month sharing how I’m doing on my goals.Let’s encourage one another to live lives of intention and purpose!
If you’re brand-new to goal-setting, be sure to read my post on How to Change Your Life By Setting Goals.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!