Goals from two weeks ago:
1. Read 3 chapters of The Borrowers to Kathrynne. Read 3 chapters of Caddie Woodlawn with Kaitlynn. Read a few picture books with Silas.
2. Write a love note to Jesse.
3. Go on a date with Jesse.
4. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-23.
5. Run 10 miles.
6. Read Daring Greatly, Leaving Yesterday, Bread & Wine, What’s So Amazing About Grace?, and Notes from a Blue Bike.
7. Write thank you’s.
8. Write op-eds for book launch.
9. Finish final book edits. 10. Write one post for the 52 Ways to Save $100 a Year series.
This week’s goals:
1. Read 2 chapters of The Magician’s Nephew to Kathrynne. Read 3 chapters of Caddie Woodlawn with Kaitlynn. Read a few picture books with Silas.
2. Write a love note to Jesse.
3. Work on memorizing & reviewing Romans 1:1-24.
4. Run 8 miles.
5. Read Daring Greatly, Leaving Yesterday, Bread & Wine, and What’s So Amazing About Grace?
6. Work for 30 minutes on my embroidery project.
7. Write three articles for book launch.
8. Finalize book launch team.
9. Write one post for the 52 Ways to Save $100 a Year series.
10. Put together media information for my book publicity team.
How did you do on last week’s goals? What are your goals for this week? I’d love to have you share your progress on last week’s goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you’ve blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let’s cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives!
You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.
Jamie Rohrbaugh says
You’re doing great with your running!
how much of Romans are you memorizing? I made it through the first three chapters and then decided I might have been a bit ambitious and moved on to Phillippians.
Well, I’m just shooting to finish the first chapter right now and then I’ll decide if I’m going to keep going or not. 🙂
Keep it up! It will not return void. I am convinced that even the first three chapters of Romans that I could not quote completely anymore would come out of me again as needed. God’s word is what I want flowing out of me in stressful situations.
I’m so excited to read your new book! I’ve been reading your blog for a few years and I finally punched my own fear in the face and started my own that I’ve been dreaming of for about 6 years. Thank you for being such an inspiration!
Thanks so much for your kind encouragement!
My major goal is to give birth to our third child! But if she doesn’t come this week, I’ll be induced next Thursday…. I’m looking forward to getting back to being more productive once we settle into a new routine.
I hope that you are able to accomplish your goal this week! That’s exciting!
I’ve been missing your goals, freezer cooking, and menu posts 🙂
I took the last two weeks off from posting these because of other offline commitments, but I’m back and at it again. 🙂 Thanks for commenting!
Great goals – we read the Chronicles of Narnia and enjoyed them – although by the last book I think they were ready to move on to something else!
I love that you also put a craft on your list. I’ve been trying to find more time to do crafts now that the weather is colder.
I’ve been itching to pick up my knitting again… but I’m trying to finish up my embroidery before doing that. Determined to actually finish a craft project before starting another. 🙂
Caddie Woodlawn books are the best!! Carol Ryrie Brink has written a few other childrens books. My daughter just read The Winter Cottage and liked it. She thought I would too so I read it as well. We frequently share the books she reads from the library. Magical Melons or sometimes known as Caddie Woodlawn’s Family is also a good read. I always enjoy seeing what you are reading to your kids. It’s a spring board for us to see what others are reading.
We’re enjoying Caddie Woodlawn! Thank you for the other recommendations!
I am loving following the progress of your book from outline to launch through the months here on your goal posts. Cannot wait to read what you have been working so hard to create.
It’s been a LONG process to get to the “starting line” and we’re so excited to almost be there! Thanks for your kind encouragement!
Erin @ My Mommy World says
We are also working our way through The Chronicles of Narnia series with our kids…my daughter loves it!
I hope you have a great week 🙂
We listened through it and now my kids are excited for us to read through it!