Spaghizza Recipe

Spaghetti + Pizza = Spaghizza

Guest post from Brigette Shevy

This budget-friendly, freezable recipe is a favorite at our house! It’s a unique twist on pizza and spaghetti that’s simple to put together and can be made up ahead of time. I often serve this when we have company with small children… and it always goes over well.

When I got married, I was given a copy of the family cookbook from my husband’s family – with all kinds of relatives contributing their favorites. This is my version of a recipe I discovered in that collection. It’s an easy recipe to be creative with. Try using different cheese combinations, switching out the spaghetti noodles for another kind of pasta, or adding your favorite pizza toppings in place of the pepperoni. I’ve also made this with brown rice pasta to make it gluten-free. It just depends on what you like – and what you have on hand.

Since I started having my children take turns planning and helping me make dinner on Friday evenings, Spaghizza shows up quite regularly at our dinner table on Friday night.
If you’re looking for a new recipe that’s made from staple ingredients, is simple to make, and picky-eater-appealing… here you go!

Brigette is a full-time wife and mother who is blessed with three amazing bundles of energy (ages 6, 4, and 2). She enjoys music, experimenting in the kitchen, homeschooling her children, finding great deals, long-distance running, and anything chocolate.

Comments

• Brigette says

A little bit like lasagna, but without the cottage cheese/ricotta cheese/egg mixture (and with pepperoni)… Much easier and cheaper to make, too. :)

• Brigette says

Oh, absolutely use pizza sauce! I actually almost always use my homemade sauce, which never turns out exactly the same since I don’t follow a recipe – but it might be closer to pizza sauce anyway. If your son is anything like my kiddos, he will love it. :)

• Krysten says

Yes, we call it Baked Spaghetti, and my mom calls it Pizza-topped Spaghetti. This recipe is different than what I do, though, so I may try it one night for something a bit different.

1. melissa says

Oh, my mouth is watering looking at all that melted cheese! Printing this right now…

2. Charity says

Brigette,
    So many of your recipes are making their way into our meal rotations. Love new recipes and ideas for meals. You’re just the best! :)

I’d love to freeze some of these for after baby’s arrival, so, do I need to bake them first, or just assemble and freeze? Thanks!

3. Amy R says

This would be a great recipe to “sneak” some veggies into. Shredded zucchini could be mixed in with the spaghetti with very little change to taste or texture.

• Brigette says

Great idea! I’ve found spaghetti sauce and my vitamix can hide just about anything. ;)

4. Heather says

You can also make it with spaghetti squash! It’s not a very frugal meal that way, but a great way to eat tons of healthy vegetables without even really realizing it! It is sooooooo good with spaghetti squash.

• Janine says

Heather, I love this idea and definitely will try it! Also may use sizzled turkey ham in place of pepperoni, along with pineapple… Hawaiian Sphaghizza!

• Brigette says

Sounds yummy!!
      I wish my family liked spaghetti squash as much as I do (or just liked it period!).

5. april says

I’ve read it a couple times and it sounds great…but when do you add the milk/egg mixture?

• Brigette says

After you whisk the eggs/milk/parm cheese/seasonings together, you ” toss in” the spaghetti noodles to that same bowl/mixture. Then you transfer this entire bowl into the 9×13 pan. Hopefully that makes sense. Sorry to be confusing!

6. Mindi says

This is very similar to an old family recipe that we have, we just use macaroni and pizza sauce instead = Macaroni Pizza!

7. LovinSavin says

Enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing. I love easy meals with ingredients I had most of.

8. Angela says

Just pulled it out of the oven and it smells so good! I think with my oven this would have been done at 20 minutes. I didn’t check/pulled it out at 24 minutes, and it is crispy brown (but still looks yummy:)). Thanks so much for the recipe!

9. Nicole says

thank you for this recipe! We just made it and it was great! My kids ate it all up :)

• Brigette says

Your kids sound like my kids! Although I think with mine, the more I make, the more they eat!:)

10. Janelle says

Made this tonight for supper, and my toddler twins had three helpings! Thanks for a new recipe to work into the rotation! :)

11. Angela says

Made this for dinner tonight, it was great, the whole family loved it! Will be making this again!

12. Alison says

My family loved this! I will make it again but next time I will probably add a little more seasoning and some salt to the egg mixture.