Red, White, and Blue Smoothie Recipe

Note from Crystal: I’m excited that my older sister, Brigette, has agreed to start sharing some of her recipes with us on a weekly basis. She and I will be teaming up to share a number of different budget-friendly recipe series over the next few months. I’ll be introducing our first series next week, but in the mean time, she’s sharing a smoothie recipe she concocted that is perfect for the Fourth of July. Enjoy!

Guest post by Brigette Shevy

Looking for a fun, festive and healthy way to kick off your Fourth of July celebration tomorrow morning? You can’t go wrong with this colorful smoothie!

Even though this red, white and blue smoothie can be enjoyed all year round, there’s no better time than right now at the peak of berry season. I prep the fresh fruit and stick it in the freezer overnight so that it’s all ready to go in the morning.

Not a breakfast person? Try it as a refreshing after-dinner treat while you watch the fireworks!

Brigette is a full-time wife and mother who is blessed with three amazing bundles of energy (ages 5, 3 and 1). She enjoys music, experimenting in the kitchen, homeschooling her children, finding great deals, long-distance running, and anything chocolate.

Comments

Great to have you aboard! Love the smoothie idea! When I had cancer a few years ago, I bought a smoothie almost every day. The cost really adds up! This is a great money saving idea!

2. Sarah says

I’m buying berries for a dish I’m bringing to a BBQ tomorrow. Sounds like I need to get a few extras this afternoon so I can try this smoothie!

3. Katherine says

Hi Brigette! The smoothie looks tasty…we make berry smoothies all the time, but adding the vanilla is a really good idea. I noticed in your bio that you also love chocolate…must be a family trait. :)

4. Martha Walter says

Crystal imagine your sister loving anything CHOCOLATE! Thanks for sharing this!

5. Carla says

If I double it, does it taste as good and have the same consistency if put in the refrigerator for later?

• Brigette says

Emily – I don’t have a blog, but would love to someday! Carla – I don’t recommend refrigerating it to use later; the consistency would not be the same.

Ha that’s funny, I have your sisters recipe for whole wheat bread in my bread machine right now! :) This looks delicious!

7. Kristi says

Smoothie looks delicious. I had no idea Bridgette Shevy and Crystal are sisters. My piano students have played some of Bridgette’s arrangements. They are lovely!

• Brigette says

Having Crystal Paine as my sister is my claim to fame. :) I’m glad your students have enjoyed the arrangements!

8. Shelly Smith says

Looks pretty and I’m sure it tastes delicious too! Thanks for sharing!!

9. Faith Schofield says

The smoothie recipe looks delish. I also want to thank Brigette for her beautiful music. ;) Excited she will be contributing!