Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is delicious, filling, frugal, and so freezer-friendly! If you freeze the bags flat, you can store them on their side like filing folders to fit a lot in a small freezer.
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 10 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped (I bake mine in the oven like this.)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli, lightly steamed (can use frozen or fresh)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 2 batches cream of mushroom soup)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (or 2 batches cream of chicken soup)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
To freeze: Divide into four ziptop freezer bags and seal tightly. Freeze flat.
To serve: Thaw overnight (or for 8 hours) in the refrigerator. Dump into a greased casserole dish (each bag will fill an 8×8-inch pan; two bags will fill a 9×13-inch pan). Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.
This recipe makes around 15-18 servings. Each freezer bag serves 4-5 people.
Recipe adapted from Once a Month Mom
Did you do any freezer cooking over the past two days? If so, I’d love to see the results of your efforts! Link up your blog posts below or tell us about your success in the comments.