8 Goals for This Week

Last week was a good week and it was encouraging to realize just how much was accomplished today when I went to update my goals list today. Yay for productivity!

Since we’re traveling to the Cincinnati Conference later this week, my big focus this week is to rest up and prepare for a few whirlwind days of speaking, meeting many people, and running our booth. Now that most of prep work is done for the conference, I’m getting really excited about it — especially since so many of you have written in to say you’ll be attending!

Last week’s goals:

Family/Mothering Goals

1. Read five chapters of Quest for Truth:Taken aloud to the children. Start Thomas A Edison: Young Inventor.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

3. Meet friends at the park for a playdate.

Personal Goals

4. Finish reading One of Us Must Be Crazy and I’m Pretty Sure It’s You. Start reading The Three R’s.

5. Complete week 10 of the Couch to 5K program.

6. Finish listening to The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers.

Home Management

7. Follow my Spring Cleaning plan & blog about it every weekday.

Business Goals

8. Finish & practice my talks for the Midwest Homeschool Convention.

9. Finish & print handouts for the Midwest Homeschool Convention.

10. Create Powerpoints for my talks for the Midwest Homeschool Convention.

This week’s goals:

Family/Mothering Goals

1. Read five chapters each of Quest for Truth:Taken and Thomas A Edison: Young Inventor aloud to the children.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

Personal Goals

3. Finish reading One of Us Must Be Crazy and I’m Pretty Sure It’s You and The Three R’s.

4. Run at least two times.

5. Finish listening to The 10 Habits of Happy Mothers. Start listening to Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality.

Home Management

6. Follow my Spring Cleaning plan & blog about it every weekday.

Business Goals

7. Continue practicing my talks for the Midwest Homeschool Convention.

8. Attend and speak at the Midwest Homeschool Convention.

How did you do on last week’s goals? What are your goals for this week? I’d love to have you share your progress on last week’s goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you’ve blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let’s cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives!

You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.

Comments

I was horrible at sticking to my goals last week. Wrote them and looked at them one time throughout the week. What a perfect example of how by not engaging the brain daily with the direction I wanted to be headed in didn’t mean I was less busy, just not moving in the correct direction.

Here’s to a more productive week!

Have a great time at the conference this week Crystal and will be praying for safe travels.

Last week was a difficult one (daughter was teething=cranky toddler).

But I am determined to get all my goals for the week done including your Spring Cleaning series! :)

My main goal is to get to the start line of my 3rd Marathon all rested up! In other areas I am really hoping to get back into reading and knitting from 7 to 8 each night. I have so many good FREE books stored on the kindle-cloud app. on my net book. Thanks for listing them all!

This is my first week off bed rest, so I was able to make *real goals*. Happy dance!
    I have been accomplishing most of my daily goals, but am having a harder time with the weekly goals. Most of my this week’s goals involve cleaning out closets, organizing rooms, etc. Most of the usual nesting things :)

1. Recover from the birth of my 7th child (born on Saturday!)
    2. Work on getting over this sickness so that I can take care of the rest of my family (who are also all sick). This means RESTING is a big part of my goals.
    3. Hang up the baby girl clothes :)
    4. Sew something for myself for my birthday (also this week). I have a couple of ideas but I’m not sure which it will be.
    5. Take some photos of the baby.

I love your daily cleaning posts. I haven’t been able to participate too much, but just having them there to read has motivated me to get so much done. The result was a super productive week for me! I think it is encouraging just to read about how you lay out your day and get things accomplished. Of course, the cute pictures of your kids help. ;) Thanks so much!

7. marthafaler@yahoo.com says

i saw your thrifty wardrobe!! that’s good. however, what do you do for dress clothes,suits or whatever……what do you wear to conferences?? i wish you well, am praying that your born again. martha

Usually jeans, a nice top (or a nice tank with a shrug/sweater), some jewelry, and dress flats. I’ve updated/expanded my wardrobe a bit since that video was posted a year and half ago and have a few things that are specifically for speaking, etc. since I’ve been doing a bit more of that, but it’s same mix-and-match, keep-it-simple idea.

Yes, I’m all about keeping it simple!

I dont know how you do it Crystal! My husband and I shared our testimony at a local church this past Sunday and it took me so long to prepare for it! My whole week was consumed by it. That was just ONE 15 minute talk!

Thanks for the motivation! Just wanted to say I was keeping you all in my prayers over the weekend because of the horrible weather and was so happy to hear everyone is safe.

Just wanted to say that I have read 10 Habits of a Happy Mothers and it has really changed me. I need to listen to it again. Enjoy your resting. You are one of my favorite bloggers/sites. Thank you for all you do and say.

Posted my link above… Might have some major decisions coming in the next couple weeks – makes for a more exciting to-do list, I think. :) I might really need to start following that Spring Cleaning activity so we have less to move if that’s the decision we make.

Good luck on your speeches. I wish I could come hear you in person, but the Midwest is a bit far. Any chance a trip to speak at the Oregon Christian Home Educator’s Convention is in the works? :)