This Week’s Menu

Orange Cream Smoothies, cinnamon raisin toast, scrambled eggs
Hot Whole Grain Cereal, fruit
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins, fried eggs

Lunches

Snack-y lunch
Bread Machine Pitas with tuna and melted cheese, fruit, carrots
Salad with hard-boiled eggs, feta cheese, dried cranberries, toasted bagels
Cheese Ravioli, frozen peas, peaches
Macaroni & Cheese, frozen veggies, fruit
Beans and rice with cheese and salsa, fruit
Leftovers

Snacks

Granola bars
Fruit/Veggies
No Bake Energy Bites

Dinners

Sloppy Joes, Twice Baked Potatoes, fruit, frozen vegetables
Macaroni and Beef with Cheese, frozen vegetables, fruit salad, Bread Machine Bread Sticks
Beef Hot Dogs, Au Gratin Potatoes, fruit, raw veggies
Homemade Pizza, fruit, veggies
Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps, salad, fruit
Dinner with extended family
Dinner out

Freezer Cooking in an Hour

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins
No Bake Energy Bites

Comments

1. Andrea says

What you call “snack-y lunch” is also called a “monkey platter”. They are fabulous for every meal of the day and can be easily modified for people with food allergies.

I’m so glad I caught this post because I cannot find pitas anywhere here except the kind with pockets. I will definitely give those bread machine pitas a try! thanks :)

3. Noelle says

We do the snack-y lunch sometimes too. The kids really enjoy it. Sometimes for a real treat i’ll give them pepperoni for the meat.

4. Alison Armstrong says

how are the honey rolls? I had them pinned on pinterest and haven’t had a chance to make them yet. I actually had several of the things on your list pinned! haha!

We liked them, however, I used all whole-wheat flour that I bought at the store (because I’m out of wheat kernels to grind) and I think that made them taste not as fresh. If they were made with more unbleached or white flour and/or freshly-ground whole-wheat, I think they’d be especially yummy!

• Kristine says

I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but I use white whole-wheat flour in most of my breads, and I like it much better than the regular (red) whole-wheat flour from the store. It makes breads not quite so dense.

Hi Crystal, LOVE your blog. Does your little boy eat all of these foods too? I ask because my 15 month old is being picky, and I find myself reaching for a piece of cheese and cracker every night!

6. Amy says

I’ll be interested to hear about the oatmeal smoothies. What is the texture like? It is thick and powdery because of the oatmeal? I’m dealing with morning (ha!) sickness right now and texture is a bit of an issue for me. Would love a review of these smoothies!

7. Amanda H. says

How do you plan on freezing the chicken wraps? Fully assembled and cooked? They sound delisious and I love having easy meals in the freezer.

I notice you serve breakfasts that are fairly high in carbs. What influenced your decision to do this?

I find that too much fruit, juice, bread, and sugar in the AM causes blood sugar levels to go sky high, then quickly drop, causing a midmorning “crash.” We prefer to eat morning meals that are high in protein (milk, cheese, peanut butter, eggs), with just a tiny serving of carbs (tortillas are a great choice!).

Since I’m running, I have to eat a lot of carbs. So that’s why I typically start the day out with carbs in the morning and then more protein as the day wears on. It seems to work well for us–at least at this season of life. :)

9. Shannon says

I just made your pick me up smoothie and it turned out great!! I had to tweak my recipe. I didn’t have red grapes, so I used green. Didn’t wanna use regular milk, so I used blue diamond almond milk and didn’t have any honey so I used chobani’s young champions honey/nana greek yogurt. A success (daughter loved it so…it always counts as one :) )!!!

I have wanting to try the bread sticks and was going to look them up this week and then here they are! I love the new recipes and can’t wait to try the oatmeal smoothie too.

11. MomofTwoPreciousGirls says

OK…FINALLY got to try out the World’s Easiest Marinated Chicken recipe (I did the crock pot method) and OH MY GOODNESS! It was awesome and the easiest thing ever! DH loved it too and he has leftovers to create a delicious Chicken Salad!

THANK YOU for this new addition to our menu!!

12. Muhummed says

I find that making a list of what to eat and when is very helpful when saving money is a must. If you need to save a few bucks, just make a list and stick to it. It may not make drastic changes to your wallet but eventually it will add up. When sticking to the list you could you use coupons to help decrease the cost of the groceries. You could also check to see if there is a sale on a particular item and if so it would be wise to buy it in bulk. If you buy in bulk, it is wise to store the extra goods in a freezer to allow the food to be kept longer.

13. Holly Hall says

So, I tried using a regular blender for the pick-me-up smoothies, it worked but I thought I was going to burn the motor up. Will need to invest in something else, if I keep doing this.