This Week’s Menu

Green Smoothies

I’ve finally got everything unpacked, the house and van back in order and the laundry almost done after our road trip last week. It was fun to be away as a family but it’s good to be home!

We have another full week with lots of fun things in store — like spending all day tomorrow at Amy’s house with Laura from Heavenly Homemakers (they say we’re doing a joint video blog; that should be interesting!) and then our two-day homeschool convention this Friday and Saturday (any readers going to be there? I’d love meet up, if so!).

Here’s our planned menu:

Breakfasts
Cereal, Pick-Me-Up Smoothies
French Toast Casserole (from the freezer), Fruit
Steel Cut Oats with raw sugar and milk
Breakfast Burritos, Fruit
Strawberry-Banana Smoothies, toast
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (recipe coming Thursday), scrambled eggs
Whole-Wheat Chocolate Pancakes (recipe coming Thursday), scrambled eggs

Lunches
Leftovers
Lunch at Amy’s house (she’s kindly providing lunch for us!)
Apple Peanut Butter sandwiches, carrot sticks
Beans & Rice with cheese, peas, fruit
Lunch at Spangles with Stacie (using our Groupons!)
Cheese Quesadillas, fruit

Snacks
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Popcorn
Fruit/Veggies

Dinners
Barbecue at extended family’s house
Meatballs, corn on the cob, fruit salad
Burritos, brown rice, steamed veggies, fruit salad
Steak on the grill, frozen veggies, toast
Tilapia, rice, steamed broccoli, fruit salad
Dinner out
Marinated chicken, frozen veggies, fruit, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Freezer-Cooking-In-An-Hour Plan (I’ll share pictures/details on how this goes on Thursday!)
Whole-Wheat Chocolate Pancakes
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Brown Rice/Wild Rice

What’s on your menu this week?

Comments

1. Alyson says

Loved the French Toast casserole when I made it. Do you freeze yours baked or unbaked? How do you reheat if baked? Truly appreciate all your recipe sharing!

I went to our homeschool expo here last weekend. It was SO weird to be there as a mom and not a kid wondering when Mom will EVer be done looking through all the books. lol. Very excited about 1st grade next year. Yay!!

3. ami says

I enjoy your blog..so much that I have shared it with my cousing who will be at Homeschool convention next week also!!

4. Nicole says

How do you freeze the french toast casserole? I’m new to freezer cooking and don’t have a clue!

5. Paula says

Met you last year at the tables by the restrooms! I had just started couponing and a friend had given me your website. I stared and stared at you thinking that I knew you, then I remembered seeing your picture on your blog! It was so pleasant meeting you, I hope to see you again! I think you should be a guest speaker!

6. Carrie says

First of all, I love your blog. I am a homeschool Mom of 4 girls ages 13-1yr. I found you and your blog when I was on the brink of a Mommy meltdown. You definately helped me redirect and press on to a much happier tune. I love your help sheets, video tutorials, and everything else you share. To include your menu plans. ;) I wanted to reciprocate and share this with you http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/peanut-butter-granola-bars-recipe/index.html . I didn’t write it but I made it and it is just fantastic! I used a 9 grain flaked cereal instead of the old fashioned oats to change it up a bit and it was too fantastic (in my opinion) and freezable! My 2 year old loved it too! Anyhow that’s agin and keep up the fantastic job you’re doing! =)

• Katie says

Thank you for posting this! It looks so good and I am going to make them today. My hubby eats gluten free, so using gf oats it will make an excellent snack for him.

7. vicki says

I’m planning on doing Racheal Ray’s week in a day plan. I’m excited about not having to cook each night since I work swing shift.

8. Claire says

Crystal, have you posted your Rice & Beans recipe before? I’d love to have to that one!

9. Bonnie says

I need to find something that doesn’t require the oven… I live in Northern Michigan, so it’s not TOO hot, but we don’t have air-conditioning and I hate being hot at all. Tonight is 1/2 price pizza night, so we will go out for pizza… I haven’t planned further than that! haha!

We just bought a house and moved in over the weekend, so I’m not quite ready to get back into schedules and organization, but I can’t WAIT till all these boxes are gone and I can feel settled in. If only I could find the box with the sippy cups…!

Trying hard to squelch my jealousy that you, Amy, and Laura will all be together tomorrow… why oh why do I not live in Kansas??? ;)

I made your “Brown Bag Burritos” every single week for lunches! My husband and I both work outside the home and these are PERFECT to grab in the morning and eat at lunch. They are delicious too! Thanks so much for the recipe! I love seeing your menus and getting some fresh ideas!

12. Amy D. says

I made the breakfast burritos about which you spoke last week…..absolutely delightful!