Green Rice Casserole Recipe

Whenever I say something about Green Rice Casserole, most people do a double take. “Green Rice Casserole? What’s that??” they’ll ask incredulously.

My mom has made this recipe for as long as I can remember and I’ve always loved it. Since I’ve been married, it’s been fun to introduce it to my own family, too. Everyone gobbles it up and usually asks for more!

It’s the perfect complement to burritos. Or, you can do as I do, and just eat it as a stand alone.

Because it’s just that good!

By the way, this is in no way a low-fat recipe, so if you’re on a diet or counting calories or trying to lose weight, you just might want to skip over this post. ;)

Comments

1. Elaine says

The green rice casserole is in the oven for dinner tonight! Thank you so much for posting the recipe. We can’t wait to try it! I am always grateful for new and easy recipes to try. Thanks for adding a new dish to our family menu!!

Yummy! I made this tonight, with a few alterations, and added some Adobo seasoned chicken strips to bake along with it :)

3. Autumn says

Thanks for sharing the recipe. We made this last night and it was really good. Served with some baked chicken. All of your recipes and freezer cooking have been a hit over here.

4. Gina says

Love, love, love this!! My husband is not normally real crazy about any kind of rice, but I served this the other night with enchiladas and he gobbled up every bit of rice on his plate before he ever touched the enchiladas, then went back for seconds. Definitely a keeper! I made it with fat free milk, reduced fat cheese, egg substitute and butter substitute and it was still delicious. Thank you so much for sharing it!

5. Christina says

Made this tonight with a couple additions. I added the meat from the 2 1/2 pork chops left over from last night, a box of creamed spinach, and used an extra cup of brown rice. 6 of the 7 of us loved it! And (#7)my husband said it was pretty good. I will definitely make this again. But I may run the creamed spinach through the blender with the milk, so my husband doesn’t have to see the pieces of spinach. :-)

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I made it last night (splitting it into 2 9×9 pans, one to use and one to freeze). I served it with re-fried beans and we made burritos/tacos combining the two with lettuce, tomatoes and avocado. It was EXCELLENT. Thanks!

7. Sharyn says

HEY!! I have all this stuff on hand! Yippee! No having to go out and shop. COOL! Thanks!