This Week’s Menu

(Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges ready to go into the oven.)

Breakfasts:

Macaroni & Cheese, carrots
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, fruit
SmartOnes meals, frozen veggies
Cheese Quesadillas, frozen veggies

Dinners:

Chili Burgers, Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges, Frozen Vegetables
Brown Bag Burritos (from the freezer), Green Rice Casserole (from the freezer), Fruit
Lasagna Casserole, Broccoli, Bread Machine Buttery Rolls
Whole Grain Chicken Soup With Rice,* Olive Garden Breadsticks,* Apple Slices
Homemade Chicken Salsa Pizza, Tossed Salad, Double Chocolate Brownies
Dinner Out
Dinner at Extended Family’s House

Comments

1. Michelle says

What do you put on your chicken salsa pizza?? It sounds great and I recently started experimenting with homemade pizza.

2. KLew says

Those potatoes look like they will be delicious! I pretty much do the same thing, but with sweet potatoes. I HIGHLY recommend it. Sweet potatoes are SO good for you and they taste amazing prepared this way!

3. Autumn says

Crystal did you ever post the Green Rice casserole recipe? Maybe I missed it but so far I’ve tried 5 of your recipes and we all love them so if you wouldn’t mind sharing I would like to give it a shot. Thanks. :)

4. Melissa says

Try rolling the taco pizza dough out in about 1/2 cup Masa Flour. It gives it a little added yumminess!

• Melissa says

…and we use a layer of refried beans and taco sauce for the “sauce” – it adds healthy fiber and protein, and all kinds of other good stuff, and it tastes great too!

5. Katie says

Your weekly menu is always my favorite post. I often find myself feeling guilty because we eat cereal for breakfast or leftovers for lunch/dinner. It makes me feel better to see your weekly menu and know that other people eat the same way!! I am not a terrible mom because I don’t slave in the kitchen 3x a day for every meal! Thanks so much!!!

6. sarah says

I see in the pic 2 large portions. Do these freeze well? Do you freeze after cooking or before?

I’ve not tried freezing them, but they made enough for two dinners and one lunch. I’m going to put shredded cheese on them and bake them for dinner tonight. I think my family will like that even more than serving them plain. :)

7. kjs says

I enjoy trying new recipes (sometimes my family enjoys it!) and we tried the orange smoothies this morning. Very good. Thanks for posting it.

8. Carrie says

Thanks for the recipes! I have always loved your recipes. Tried the Orange Cream Smoothies just now and we loved them! Worked great with frozen oranges in a plain old Black & Decker blender.