Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of seven (two adults, two teenagers, one preteen, and two babies*). This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
*Note: Champ’s formula is currently being covered by the state since he’s in foster care so that’s why you don’t see it in my grocery shopping trips. Kierstyn is mostly nursing, though we are supplementing with 4-6 oz. of formula each day since my supply is low despite all my efforts to increase it. So she goes through one big tub of formula about every month. We also haven’t bought any diapers because friends were so generous and gifted us boxes of diapers to last us for a few months, at least. We may change the budget in the near future as the babies get older and their needs change. We’ll see!
I only went to Kroger once last week — can you believe it?! And it wasn’t that exciting of a shopping trip.
But I did find these in the clearance produce area… and I didn’t even know what they were. So I took a picture and asked on Instagram stories and you all told me they were doughnut peaches. Have you had them before??
Here’s what I bought:
- 2 Greek yogurts — marked down to $0.39 each
- 2 Flip yogurts — marked down to $0.29 each
- Enfamil formula — $28.99
- 1 Raspberry yogurt — marked down to $0.39
- Simple Truth Eggs — marked down to $1.49
- Honey — $5.39
- Coconut — $1.39
- Lettuce — $1.79
- Chili powder — $1
- 3 bags of avocados — marked down to $0.99 each
- 1 bag of summer squash — marked down to $0.99
- 1 bag peppers — marked down to $0.99
- 2 Aussie shampoos — $1.99 each when you bought 5 participating items (I thought my $3/2 coupon was going to come off, too, but I realized after I got home that it didn’t and it was because I got the wrong size!!!)
- Milk — $2.59
- 3 packages Nestle water — $0.79 each when you buy 5 participating items
- Barbara’s cereal — $2.19 when you buy 5 participating items, plus used $1/1 ecoupon = $1.19
- Half & Half — $1.99
- Schick razors — $5.49 when you buy 5 participating items, used $4/1 ecoupon, plus got $2 back from Kroger cash back
- Total with tax: $65.83
Breakfast for dinner — one of our favorite quick, easy, and frugal dinner stand-bys.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!