If you want to do more reading in 2019, I’ve got just the solution for you to provide you with a pretty endless source of books you can read and listen to — without having to wait for them to be available from your library!
Through January 11, 2019, if you’re an Amazon Prime member you can get Kindle Unlimited for three months for just $0.99. It’s typically $9.99 per month, so this is a big savings!
I just signed up today and have been checking it out to see if it would help me be able to fit in more reading in the new year.
If you’re unfamiliar with Kindle Unlimited, it’s a service offered by Amazon that gives you access to over 700,000 ebooks and thousands of audiobooks.
My Honest Thoughts
I will be super honest and tell you that I was disappointed at first when I looked at the selection of books. A number of them are cheap and cheesy looking.
However, they did have some really great titles hidden amongst all the not-so-great titles. Here were a few I saw:
- The Magnolia Story — I read this and loved it.
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky — This is on my list to read in 2019!
- a number of John Ortberg titles — I’ve loved all of his books that I’ve read.
- Manage Your Day-to-Day — This one had some great inspiration in it.
- The One Thing — This is a great read for the beginning of the year.
- How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind — This one has been highly recommended to me.
- The Miracle Morning — A good title if you struggle with mornings.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a 3-month subscription to Kindle Unlimited for just $0.99.
- Click on the Kindle Unlimited tab in your Amazon bar to search for available titles (you can search individually or sort by genre).
- Add up to 10 titles to your Kindle Unlimited account. (You can check out up to 10 at a time.)
- When you are finished reading a title, you can return it and borrow another.
- You can read or listen to the titles on any device with the free Kindle app.
- Be sure to cancel your subscription before your 3 month subscription is up, otherwise, you’ll be charged $9.99 per month.
For the record, I don’t think this service is worth paying $9.99 per month (the usual rate) for, but I think it’s every bit worth signing up for three months for just $0.99 — even if you only read 2-3 books from it, that’s still a really, really great deal!
Have you tried out Kindle Unlimited before? If so, I’d love to hear your honest thoughts on it!
Note: This deal is valid for new Kindle Unlimited customers only. If you no longer wish to continue with Kindle Unlimited after your first three months, be sure to cancel your subscription before it renews at the full price of $9.99 per month. Valid through January 11, 2019.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!