Are you looking for non-toy gift ideas this year for Christmas? One non-toy gift I love giving my kids is magazine subscriptions!
My kids LOVE getting magazines as gifts because it means they’ll get fun mail every month all year long! Then you can recycle them or pass them on when you’re through with them.
Here are 10 suggestions for fun magazine subscriptions for kids that our family has loved and my readers also highly recommended:
1. Free LEGO Magazine — This has been one of my kids’ favorite magazines over the years, and the best part is that it is totally FREE! This magazine is the ultimate print experience for young LEGO fans, and it is filled with stuff like comics, fun activities, challenging competitions, and interviews. Readers can keep up with their favorite characters and themes, and discover what other LEGO builders are creating.
2. Clubhouse Magazine — You know how our family is HUGE fans of Adventures in Odyssey! So it’s only natural that my kids LOVE Clubhouse magazine! This Christian kids’ magazine for ages 8-12 reinforces family closeness with hands-on activities, challenging puzzles, and exciting stories.
3. Highlights Magazine — This is a top children’s magazine that makes learning fun and adventurous through the use of hidden pictures, games, puzzles, and other interactive activities. Choose from Highlights for Children (ages 6-12), Highlights High Five (ages 2-6), or Highlights Hello (for ages 0-2).
4. Ranger Rick Magazine — Published by the National Wildlife Federation, this magazine is designed for boys and girls ages 7-12 who love the outdoors. Each issue is packed with full-color photos of animals and stories of adventure. It focuses on teaching young kids about wildlife, nature, and conservation.
5. Sports Illustrated Kids Magazine — This magazine is not only a fun and entertaining way to promote reading, but also serves as a wonderful and wholesome source of inspiration for young kids who love the world of sports. Edited for children 8 years and up, the magazine features great news articles, player profiles, and much more.
6. Animal Tales Magazine — This fun magazine is filled with over 80 pages of games, puzzles, posters, recipes, projects, and more! Our readers LOVE this magazine!
7. National Geographic Kids Magazine — This award winning magazine features a combination of facts, photos, and fun for kids. The articles are designed to inspire children to learn about their world around them and consist of incredible information about science, technology, animals, geography, archaeology, and pop culture. Each issue also comes with jokes, fun games, and activities. Choose from the Kids version for ages 6 & up or the Little Kids version for ages 3-6.
8. Babybug Magazine — This magazine is for infants and toddlers up to 3 years old. It’s a unique magazine, because it’s one that parents and their babies can enjoy together. It’s filled with colorful pictures and simple rhymes and stories that can be read together.
9. Zoobooks Magazine — This is the kid’s magazine for animal lovers. It brings the excitement of the zoo right into your home. Each issue features breath-taking photography, fascinating articles, facts, and diagrams that brings the animal world alive.
10. Scout Life Magazine — This magazine is published by Boy Scouts of America. You can choose from two different versions, depending on the age of your child. Regardless of whether the child in your life has ever been a Scout, they will love this adventurous and educational magazine that includes games, jokes, projects, life tips, and more.