As I told you last week, I’m doing weekly goals in 2020 instead of yearly goals. We’re only a week into the new year, but I can already tell you that I am loving this approach and couldn’t believe how much I got done last week.
(Okay, it probably helped that the kids were out of school, we had very few extra commitments, and it was an overall quiet week. We’ll see how it goes this week when we’re back to our usual schedule and pace and we have commitments and plans every evening!)
Before I share this week’s goals, here’s an update on how I did on last week’s goals…
Last Week’s Goals (progress update)
1. Get in 50,000 steps total.
3. Get up at 5:30 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. (I hit this goal every day but Monday.)
4. Declutter the entire house.(See the pictures of our progress here. (Note: We did all the big projects this week, but I came up with a list of little areas I want to declutter and I’m planning to tackle one small project every week day fo
r the next few weeks.)
5. Finish reading aloud A Single Shard together.
6. Start a new family devotional book together.(We decided to go with The Ology since we already had it and had been wanting to go through it.)
7. Spend 12 hours on my manuscript outline.(My outline is done — yay!! This next week I get to start writing!)
8. Open up the blogging Mastermind to new members.
9. Get everything ready for our big $4 course sale next week.
Word of the Year Goals
10. Pop popcorn and watch a movie as a family.(We watched Swiss Family Robinson and the kids really enjoyed it!)
11. Take Kaitlynn out shopping.(See details on our shopping trip here.)
12. Make tea, light a candle, and write thank you notes.
I was SO excited to see all those things crossed off the list! YAY!!!
A Word About My Baby To Do List
You’ll start to notice baby items on my goals list each week. A few weeks ago, I sat down and made out a list of everything I needed to do/buy/get before the baby is born (I’m due April 30).
I divided this list up into weekly tasks so that I could slowly chip away at it instead of waiting until the last few weeks and feeling overwhelmed by everything I needed to do. This makes the countdown more exciting and it also is in line with my word for the year — because it’s going to let me savor this special time even more instead of feeling sort of rushed with to-do’s.
2020: Week 2 — Goals
1. Get in 52,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.)
3. Get up at 5:30 a.m. every week day.
4. Decluttering: Garage freezer, bathroom closet, attic area, laundry room, car.
5. Start a new read aloud book together as a family. (Any great suggestions??)
6. Inventory what baby clothes we need to buy and purchase these.
7. Finish the introduction and write chapter 1 of my manuscript.
8. Write an in-depth honest review of Butcher Box.
9. Run our $4 course sale.
Word of the Year Goals
10. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family.
11. Go out to dinner with Jesse for our anniversary.
12. Make tea, light a candle, and write a card to Jesse.
What are YOUR goals for this week? How did you do on last week’s goals? Tell us in the comments!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!