If you’ve been around here for awhile, you know how much of an advocate I am of prioritizing small changes. If you want to change your life, change the small things you do daily. Your small daily choices change the trajectory of your life.
One way that I’ve found to be so helpful to focus on consistency when it comes to small changes is by using a Habit Tracker.
My 11 Habits for January
Here are the 11 habits I’m focusing on in January and tracking on my Habit Tracker. If you saw my 2023 goals, you’ll notice how these correlate and how I’m intentionally seeking to chip away at my 2023 goals on a daily basis.
- Go to Bed by 10:30 p.m. — This is something I’ve been doing better about, but I’ve found that going to bed earlier almost always guarantees I get more sleep and higher quality sleep. And usually I can always make this happen since I’ll be home before this time every night and the three youngest ones are usually always in bed asleep by this time.
- Workout — Jesse is putting together a workout for me each day based upon the Mayhem30/Mayhem Moms program. It’s usually 15-30 minutes max and then I usually walk on the treadmill for 10-15 minutes so I can think and pray over my day.
- Listen to 30 Minutes of an Audiobook — I usually listen while I’m cleaning, cooking, and/or driving. I typically listen on 1.45 to 1.75 depending upon the narrator, so by doing this daily, I can usually always finish a book every 7-12 days.
- 10,000 Steps — I’m curious if I’ll regularly be able to hit this or not. Some days, I easily get this in with just life — especially on days when we’re going lots of places. Other days, I’m pretty sedentary because of work projects. So I want to challenge myself to creatively work on making this a daily occurrence.
- Drink 80 oz. of Water — I plan to track this with the amount of times I refill my water bottle. (Need some encouragement to drink more water? Read this post.)
- Eat One Meal Together — Like I mentioned yesterday, one of my yearly goals is to have at least one meal all together as a whole family each week, but we’re aiming to have one meal together each day with the three little ones and whatever teens are able to join us, if any.
- Delete 50 Photos/Videos From My Phone — This is part of my yearly goal to delete 300 photos from my phone each week. If I hit the 50 photos deleted per day goal, I’ll easily hit the weekly goal!
- Read for 10 Minutes — I’m aiming to read at least 10 minutes every single day. It’s amazing how much you can get read if you do this consistently!
- 5 Minutes Organizing/Decluttering — My yearly goal is to spend 25 minutes/week decluttering and organizing, so I’m breaking it down even further into a daily goal.
- Take Collagen — I usually have this in my tea or decaf latte. You can read more about why I take collagen every day here.
- Track Food in MyFitnessPal — I’m working on eating more protein and so tracking my protein/carbs/fats daily in MyFitnessPal is so helpful for that!
Notice my typo on my habit tracker? I just noticed that when I writing up this post. I’ll fix it for next week. 🙂
Click here and enter your name and email address and I’ll send you a short email every Saturday with a few actionable tips for making the most of your days.