I whipped up some Hawaiian Pizza on Sunday, inspired by this recipe. It was a fantastic success — at least according to my family!
Since I used homemade pizza dough from my freezer, I literally had this in the oven in minutes.
And judging by the enthusiastic responses from my family, you would have thought that I had spent hours slaving in the kitchen.
The crust puffed up a little weird (I think maybe because I had let the thawed pizza dough sit in the fridge for a few days?), but no one seemed to care since it tasted so good! In case you think your family might enjoy this recipe, too, here’s how I made it:
Homemade Hawaiian Pizza
- 1 homemade frozen pizza crust, thawed
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple chunks (or fresh pineapple chopped into chunks)
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used white cheddar. I think mozzarella or Monterey Jack would also be delicious.)
Roll out pizza dough onto a greased pizza pan or jelly roll pan. Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients onto the pizza dough. If you prefer, you can sprinkle the cilantro on after you bake the pizza.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!