Welcome to Day 3 of the Eat at Home Challenge — a one-week challenge designed to encourage and inspire you to make more meals at home in order to save money and eat more healthfully!
I’m following the Eat at Home Slow Cooker Menu Plan and just love it so much!
Details on The Eat at Home Challenge
The Eat at Home Challenge is this week and runs through August 18, 2017. Every morning around 7 a.m. CT, I’ll be on Facebook Live prepping our dinner to throw in the slow cooker for the day so that when 6 p.m. rolls around dinner is READY!
Every day, in addition to doing a Facebook Live video on my Facebook Page, I’ll be posting here on the blog what I made that day, along with a link to my video (in case you missed it).
I’m using the Eat at Home menu-planning service for my recipes for this challenge. You can sign up and get the recipes if you’d like to follow along with me! Scroll down to the bottom of this post for all the details on this menu-planning service + a 25% off coupon code good this weekend only!
My hope is that this will inspire you with some new recipe ideas, encourage you to not wait until the last minute to think about what you’re having for dinner, and motivate you to eat at home more (even on busy nights!) so you can save money.
I’d love for you to join me in this challenge! To participate, go join the Facebook Page here so you can share what you are making every night and see what readers all over the country (and world!) are making for dinner each night, too!
What I Made Today
This morning, I made Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in my Slow Cooker. I think my family is going to LOVE these!
Click to watch the video above for all of the details on the recipe and to see me make it LIVE!
What is the Eat at Home Menu-Planning Service?
I’m using the Eat at Home menu-planning service for my recipes for this challenge. I love this menu-planning service and highly recommend it — especially if you struggle to come up with the time and inspiration to make your own menus.
Eat at Home is a menu-planning service designed to make getting dinner on the table much easier every night. It was a service created by Tiffany, a mom of 4 who loves to cook and loves to gather her family around the table, but has found that if she doesn’t have a quick and easy plan, it’s hard to make that happen.
How Does the Eat at Home Menu-Planning Service Work?
The Eat at Home menu-planning service is an incredible way to help you save time and save money. You don’t have to worry about planning menus OR grocery list, because Tiffany does all of that for you as part of the menu-planning service.
She has designed it specifically with busy families in mind and the menu plans offer:
- Quick to fix meals (even as fast as 15 minutes to the table!)
- Lots of slow cooker recipes
- Done-for-you Weekly Meal Plans & Grocery Lists
The recipes can all be fixed quickly, with only a few minutes of hands-on prep. Because the recipes use common pantry ingredients, it’s likely that you have everything you need to make many of the recipes.
It’s so convenient because all the work is done for you! You just choose which menu plan you’ll use, print the grocery list, go shopping, and then spend a few minutes prepping food each day and dinner is D-O-N-E!
When you sign up for the plan (it’s just a few dollars per week — or less!), each month, you’ll get:
- An entire month of Traditional Menu Plans, including weekly grocery lists and printable recipe instructions
- An entire month of Slow Cooker Menu Plans, including weekly grocery lists and printable recipe instructions
- An entire month of Whole Food Menu Plans, including weekly grocery lists and printable recipe instructions
- Each menu plan comes with recipes created for small family (3-4 servings) and large family (6-8 servings)
- Color-coded grocery lists make it easy to swap out ingredients or whole meals
- Printable Menus to hang on the fridge or near your calendar, so you can easily see what’s for dinner that week and your family can too
- Access to the entire month at once!
- 1 Hour Freezer Stash Plans – a new plan each month to stock your freezer with 6 meals in 1 hour!
You can choose to stick with just the traditional menu plan or just the slow cooker menu plan or just the whole foods menu plan. Or, you can rotate different menu plans on different weeks, depending upon what you feel like cooking or how much time you have!
Get the Eat at Home Menu-Planning Service for as Low as $1.21 per Week!
If you struggle to make menu plans and would love for someone to make them for you + make a grocery list for you, it’s well worth spending a few dollars every week to let Eat at Home do the work for you.
This week only, when you sign up for their plan (either the monthly plan, the quarterly plan, or the yearly plan, you can get 25% off this week only by using coupon code MSM at checkout!
That makes the done-for-you menu plans and grocery lists as low as $1.21 per week. And you get access to all three plans and the freezer cooking plans for the whole month at the rate!
(Oh and they have a fantastic money-back guarantee if you think you want to try it out but aren’t sure whether it will work for you or not!)
Other posts in the Eat At Home Challenge series
- Eat at Home Challenge: Crockpot Cantonese Sweet & Sour Pork Chops (Day 1)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage & Sauerkraut Soup (Day 2)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Italian Seasoned Salt Chicken in the Slow Cooker (Day 3)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Beef Shawarma in the Slow Cooker (Day 4)
- This Week's $65 ALDI Grocery Shopping Trip + Menu Plan
- Eat at Home Challenge: Easy Shredded Taco Beef (Day 1)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Chicken & Broccoli "Stir Fry" in the Slow Cooker (Day 2)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker (Day 3)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Beef & Bean Topped Potatoes (Day 4)
- What I Cooked This Week & Our Thoughts On the Recipes (Eat at Home Challenge -- Day 5)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Day 2 (Honey Mustard Chicken in the Slow Cooker)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Day 3 (Chicken Taco Meat) + LAST DAY to get 30% off!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!