Welcome to the Early to Rise Challenge! Throughout the month of March, I’m challenging myself and my readers to make the most of their mornings. So every week day morning at 9 a.m. EST, I’m posting a short Early to Rise post. I’ll share a few of my thoughts on the day’s passage from Early to Rise, tell you what time I got up that morning, and encourage you to leave a comment to tell us what time you got up and how you’re doing on the challenge.
“It’s Your World, So Change It”
While getting out of bed was not something I loved this this morning (somewhat because of the time change, but mostly because I stayed up too late finishing Eve’s Daughters!), I loved, loved, loved Andy’s Day 11 reading in the Early to Rise book. Why? Because it’s something I’m passionate about.
We all want to do something with our lives. We want to make a difference. We want to change lives. We want to have an impact.
Sometimes, though, we make excuses. We want life to be perfect before we start in on our grand plans.
Here’s the thing: life will never be perfect. But that shouldn’t stop us from using today to make a difference.
You may be thinking: “But I’m not gifted or wealthy!” Maybe you don’t possess any amazingly noteworthy talents (though no matter who you are, you are an artist of some sort) and maybe you are barely scraping by, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do something right where you’re at.
Smile and look into the eyes of people you meet today. Express genuine gratitude. Send an email or text to tell someone how much you appreciate them. Have a tea party with your kids. Take a loaf of bread to a new neighbor. Call a friend to ask how she’s really doing. Look for something you can do each hour of today to brighten someone else’s life.
What are you going to do to change the world today? I want to hear about it. And don’t let this question stump you. If you don’t have any creative ideas, use one that I shared above or check out this list of great ideas. I promise that in reaching out to others, you yourself will be blessed, too!
What Time Did You Get Up This Morning?
Me? I got up at 5:32 a.m. this morning.
What time did you get up? Leave a comment and let us know!
Join in the Chatter!
Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post for today below. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the Early to Rise Group Board on my Pinterest page, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.
Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? Each week day morning on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account, I’ll be posting a picture of my alarm clock as public accountability. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #EarlytoRise to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!
Other posts in the Early to Rise Challenge series
- The 30-Day Early to Rise Challenge Begins on Friday (grab your ebook for just $4.99!)
- Early to Rise Challenge: Day 1 (Your Mindset Matters)
- Early to Rise Challenge: Wake Up With a Plan for Your Day
- Early to Rise Challenge: It's Not Always Easy (and am I the only one who thinks drinking coffee black is crazy??)
- 15 Things You Can Do Each Morning to Make Your Day More Successful
- Early to Rise Challenge: Adjust Your Attitude
- 11 Things to Do Tonight to Set You Up for Success Tomorrow
- Early to Rise Challenge: Change Your Life By Taking One Small Step at a Time
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find the Artist in You
- Early to Rise Challenge: "It's Your World, So Change It"
- Early to Rise Challenge: Swim Upstream
- Early to Rise Challenge: Focus on Other People
- 5 Steps to Start Your Day With a Better Attitude
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find What Motivates You
- Early to Rise Challenge: The Halfway Mark!
- Early to Rise Challenge: Choose Who You Will Be Today
- Free printable: 17 Ways to Set Your Morning Up for Success
- Early to Rise Challenge: Don't Live Today on Accident
- Early to Rise Challenge: Be Quiet
- Early to Rise Challenge: Face Your Day With a Smile
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find an Accountability Partner
- Early to Rise: Share Your Success (and why I have a new crazy-early wake-up time!)
- 11 Things You Can Do Tonight to Set You Up for Success Tomorrow (free printable)
- Early to Rise Challenge: You're Not Alone
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Sanity with a Newborn
- Early to Rise Challenge: Begin Your Day With Prayer
- Early to Rise Challenge: Don't Settle for Average!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!