Over the past two years, I’ve really become a fan of essential oils. I know they can kind of feel like a “fad” and I’m not one to jump onto bandwagons.
But as one friend after another friend has told me about how much she was loving essential oils, I finally decided to get over my “I don’t do fads” stance and try them. And I was pleasantly surprised.
I Don’t Have a Miracle Story to Share
No, I’m not here to claim that I have lost 15 pounds, feel ten years younger, and never have to go to the doctor again because of essential oils. I don’t have a miracle story like that to share with you, but I can tell you that:
- I am sleeping better at night because I’ve been religiously putting Peace & Calming on my shoulders before I go to bed.
- I have stayed healthier and warded off at least two full-blown colds/fevers/sore throats by using OnGuard and Oregano on the bottoms of my feet.
- I have loved the smell of Thieves, Peppermint, Lavender, and more wafting through the house in our diffuser.
- I’ve soothed aching muscles by rubbing on Deep Blue.
- I’ve calmed a queasy stomach with DigestZen.
- And I’ve definitely felt more peaceful and relaxed by sprinkling a few drops of Calming the Child, Whisper, Elevation, or Serenity in the tub and soaking in it after a long day.
If you’re familiar with essential oils, you’ll notice that there are a lot of different brands represented in this list above. Some of you may be cringing right now because you realize I’m not sold on any one brand.
Why I Don’t Sell Essential Oils
Here’s the thing: I love essential oils and I’ve seen them work well in so many cases, but I just can’t say that one brand is superior to another brand. Why? Because I personally have benefited from multiple brands.
This is why I could never sell essential oils. Many of my friends do and many of them have made good money doing so. I’m happy for them and their success, but I’m also happy with my decision to use multiple brands.
Do Your Own Research
So many of you have emailed in, commented, or asked me in person for more details on what essential oils I use and why. I can tell that many, many of you are doing your own research and that encourages me because I think there is a lot of misinformation out there and it’s important to study things out for yourself.
Don’t just read a blog post or do whatever it is that someone you know does. Research, read, investigate, and experiment with a few different oils.
Figure out what works best for your family and yourself. Maybe you decide that essential oils just aren’t for you. Maybe you decide you only want to stick with one brand. Maybe you decide to use multiple brands.
Whatever you do, remember that it’s important to do what is best for you and your own family.