(Note: This post was underwritten by thredUP. Read our disclosure policy here.)
Do you love name-brand clothing but hate paying the price tag? ThredUP is an online consignment store whose mission is to help customers afford the brands and designers they might not normally be able to.
ThredUP sells high-quality, practically new women’s and kids’ clothing and accessories, with a range of great brands to choose from at up to 90% off the original retail price!
We’ve ordered many, many clothes from ThredUP over the years and many of the clothes we’ve ordered have been items we’ve worn over and over again.
ThredUP recently approached me about doing an in-depth review and I was thrilled to accept the opportunity because I’m a fan of this company and also because so many people have asked for my opinion about thredUP.
I love getting great deals and shopping secondhand, but honestly, at this season of my life, digging through racks at the thrift store or going to garage sales just isn’t really my cup of tea. So I love that there are options to shop secondhand clothes online. ThredUP is one of my favorite online sites to buy secondhand clothes.
Some of my favorite things about thredUP:
- They have a HUGE selection. Seriously. It would take me hours and hours and hours to get through all the clothes they offer just in my size alone!
- They allow you to search by size, color, and brand. Because they have such a massive number of options, I love that you can really drill down to very specific searches — you can refine your search in great detail if you choose: what colors of clothes you want, what brands you want, and what price range. This allows you to really find exactly what types of things you are looking for.
- The box is always well packed. ThredUP prides itself on the “unboxing” experience. When you receive your thredUP box, all of the clothing items will be hand-folded with cute thredUP tags attached to each. The items are wrapped in nice tissue paper and delivered to your doorstep in an cute polka dot box. Our kids were SO excited to get our boxes in the mail and begged and begged for us to open them ASAP so they could see what I had ordered! 🙂
- They often offer coupons. Some of their normal prices are a little on the high side — especially when it compared to thrift store and garage sale prices. However, they often offer coupons which make it much more affordable. Speaking of which, scroll down to the bottom of this post for a 40% off coupon!!
- They offer good deals on high quality items. One of my favorite ways to shop thredUP is to search for deals on high-quality brands I already know that I love and adore but would never pay full price for. You can often find name brand items that are in like-new condition (or even new with tags!) — for up to 90% off the retail price! I was really excited this time around to get the kids some brand-new with tags items plus a number of other items that looked like they were brand-new. My kids LOVE Under Armour, so Silas was so thrilled that I found him an Under Armour hoodie. I’ve found that they have especially good prices on name brand jeans for kids and women. I prefer to buy high quality jeans that will last a long time, so being able to buy them like new at a fraction of the cost is a huge win!
- They have lots of items for $5-8 each. ThredUP has so many name brand kids’ items in the $5 to $8 range — and if you use the 40% off coupon code (below), you’ll be able to find some amazing deals!
ThredUP also offers an easy way to clean out your closet. You can check their website to see which brands of your secondhand clothes they take and what the payouts are. Simply order a thredUP Clean Out Bag, fill it with items you no longer want, and place it at your door for pick-up. It’s so simple.
Would you like to try thredUP?
thredUP is offering MoneySavingMom.com readers a special offer! Here’s how to get your discount:
- Sign up for thredUP as a new customer.
- Browse and shop for the styles you’re looking for. Add them to your cart.
- Use coupon code MSM40 at checkout to get 40% off your entire purchase (up to a $50 discount).
This coupon code is valid through September 15, 2016.