2018 Goals Update
1. Read 100 non-self-help books that will build me up/encourage me/inspire me/recharge me. (Fiction/story-driven/biographies/inspirational living books/devotionals.) See the list of 44 books I plan to read this year.
**Progress: 39 books read so far this year
2. Read through the entire Bible.
**Progress: I’m using the Robert Murray M’Cheyne plan and am all caught up— yay!
3. Write one handwritten note to someone every week.
**Progress: 30 notes written so far this year
4. Run 500 miles.
**Progress: 281 miles run so far
5. Go on an overnight trip with Jesse without the kids.Jesse and I went to NYC together in January.
6. Read 10 books aloud with the kids.
**Progress: I’ve finished two books so far. (I have a plan for how we’re going to incorporate more reading into our schedule once school starts and we’re all driving in the car to school drop-offs every morning. For now, I’m just happy that we’re fitting in a little family reading a few times per week when we’re all in the car together driving to the pool or somewhere else. Something is better than nothing, right??)
7. Take the kids to South Africa.We took this trip in July. What a memorable experience!
8. Go on a family road trip.
**Progress: We’ve been researching some options for this and are hoping to make this happen over Fall Break. Stay tuned!
9. Save up to pay cash to finish off an office for me and workout room for Jesse and me in the basement in our new house.
**Progress: The workout room is DONE and the office is getting close to being done!
10. Replenish our Emergency Fund (we dipped into it to replace my car when it got totaled because of the carpet beetle infestation.)
11. Increase our gross income from the business by 8%.
12. Launch 5 new courses.
**Progress: We launched 4 Weeks to a More Productive Life launched in January, Content Creation 101 in February, 4-Week Blog Coaching Program in March, Email List Setup 101 in March, Make Over Your Mornings LIVE in April, the Facebook Live Masterclass in May, and we launched Build Your List 101 in June!
Welcome to my weekly post I share a peek into our lives, talk about things I’m loving, share links to interesting articles or helpful ideas I’ve collected throughout the past week, and just talk about whatever is on my heart! ?
My sister and her family were driving from South Carolina to Kansas, so they stopped at our house to spend the night. The kids were SO excited and loved getting to have their cousins stay with us for the night.
Clayton is such a sweet boy and he and Kaitlynn hit it off!
We aren’t exactly sure when Quill’s birthday is, but Kaitlynn decided it was this past week and made a birthday hat for him. 🙂
I flew to Kansas with Silas on Tuesday afternoon and stayed until Thursday morning to celebrate my sister’s 40th birthday. You can see a peek into our visit here.
And then we drove to Arkansas this weekend for our annual vacation at the lake with all of my extended family.
My dad is an incredible water skiier!
Hanging out on the boat.
Kaitlynn just can’t get enough of Genevieve.
This was one of my most favorite pictures from the recent photo shoot.
From my heart…
I don’t know what kind of pain or hurt or heartache or sadness you are carrying today. I don’t know the loss you have suffered or the disappointments you’ve endured.
But today, I want to whisper this to you, “Don’t give up.”
As long as your heart is still beating, there is hope, there is a future, there are possibilities.
You are not alone. You are not forgotten. You are not a failure.
Keep going. Keep clinging to hope. Keep reaching out. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Keep believing that there is going to be a beautiful ending to your story… don’t give up.
P.S. If you would love for someone to pray for you today, I would be honored to do so for you by name. Leave a comment or send me an email.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!