Guest post from AnnaLaura of AnnaLauraBrown.com
Having fun with the family is important to increase family bonds; however, it can also get expensive if you aren’t careful. Here are 50 ways you can have fun with your family for $10 or less:
1. Go to the dollar movie theater.
2. Rent a Redbox movie.
3. Go swimming at the community pool.
4. Go ice skating at the community rink.
5. Play at the park.
6. Do chalk art on the side walk.
7. Play Frisbee.
8. Go rollerblading.
9. Go bowling.
10. Have fun with bubbles.
11. Play with silly string.
12. Get some books at the library or go to a library reading time.
13. Make homemade play dough.
14. Dance to music.
15. Play with paper dolls.
16. Explore community gardens.
17. Run through the sprinklers in your swimming suits.
18. Make homemade ice cream.
19. Play Pictionary.
20. Play hangman.
21. Have a Long Jump contest.
22. Play a card game.
23. Make edible playdough.
24. Bake cookies.
25. Plan a scavenger hunt.
26. Play foursquare.
27. Jump rope.
28. Make homemade flubber.
29. Act out a scene from a play.
30. Play hopscotch.
31. Paint with water colors.
32. Make paper airplanes and see how far you can throw them.
33. Play marbles.
34. Play a game of tennis together.
35. Have a teddy bear tea.
36. Learn some magic tricks and then have a magic trick competition.
37. Find a free puppet show to attend. (Libraries and community centers have them all the time.)
38. Get cheap craft supplies and create your own puppets.
39. Learn how to juggle.
40. Go bobbing for apples.
41. Make marshmallow & toothpick structures.
42. Play with silly putty.
43. Have a pillow fight.
44. Make Homemade Oobleck.
45. Make a tent with boxes and blankets and play house.
46. Go camping in the backyard.
47. Have a water balloon fight.
48. Find a children’s museum with a free admission day.
49. Make soup for someone who’s sick and take it to him or her.
50. Write letters to someone who is in the military or far away from home.
What other ideas would you add to this list?
AnnaLaura Brown is a health and wellness coach who loves helping people get healthy and save money. Learn more about her on her blog at AnnaLauraBrown.com and get your free audio and over 100 healthy and inexpensive recipes.