MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Easy Individual Mini Meat Lasagnas {Freezer-Friendly!}

These mini individual lasagnas are freezer-friendly and can be made ahead of time! They're perfect for on-the-go lunches or dinners! They also work great for single people, busy schedules, and work/school lunches!

Note from Crystal: I’m so excited to have my youngest sister, Olivia, sharing a freezer-friendly recipe with us today! This would be fantastic for those of you who need single-serving recipes or great ideas for on-the-go lunches!

Looking for an easy freezer-friendly dinner idea?

These individually-sized lasagnas are the perfect go-to lunch or dinner! They work amazingly well for single people, busy schedules, and hungry boys. 🙂

Take them to work (you might make all your co-workers jealous!), send them in your older kids’ lunches, or even bring them as a frozen meal to someone else!

Looking for other freezer-friendly recipe ideas? Try these:

Psst! Looking for even more freezer cooking meals? Be sure to check out the extensive New Leaf Wellness eCookbook Collection! It has something for everybody — even those with specific diets such as gluten-free, vegetarian, paleo, and more.

76 Comments

• Mary H says:

Thanks for posting this recipe, they look yummy! How many mini loaves does it make?

• Crystal says:

I love this idea! How many loaf pans does it make? The pictures look like the recipe will make 10 mini ones, but I thought I would check to make sure!

• Jaime says:

Those are so cute! I’m looking to do some freezer cooking in the next couple months and lasagna is the perfect comfort meal for wintertime. =)

• Felicia says:

Hi, I have a question. How long can u freeze them for? To stay fresh and all, would you recommend?
    Thanks.

• Olivia says:

Hi, Felicia! That’s a great question! I’m guessing they would stay fresh for up to 6 months. However, they’ve always been quickly devoured at our house, so I’m not totally sure about that! 😉 -Olivia, MSM Team

• Pattie says:

I’ve made these for years and they are great for nights when the kids have sports or meetings. I have kept mine in the freezer for 6 months or more. The key is to wrapping them with a few layers of plastic wrap to seal them and then really well with foil. I’ve started freezing mine and when they are completely frozen, taking them out of the pans, and then vacuum sealing them. They are still good over a year later when vacuum sealed.

• Denise says:

If you partially freeze them then take them out and wrap them in saran wrap and put them in a ziploc, they will last longer than 6 months.

• Bethany says:

Love it!! I do this same thing with meatloaf – these are perfect for a couple …forces portion control because I might eat the whole pan of lasagna if I make it 😃 If you split it in half it’s just the right size!

• Sandra says:

I love this idea, especially for when I’m visiting a single person: I can take a ready-to-eat meal and a few of these for their freezer for later. Quick question: What size are the pans? I couldn’t tell from the photos. Thanks.

• Melissa says:

What a great recipe for my 14 year old daughter to do. She loves lasagna I have been purchasing them at Aldi for her however there is way to much for her to consume in one dish. Guess what she’s making this weekend? She own lasagna for the freeze. I love to gift food to my kids

• Tracy says:

This is awesome. I love this recipe. I recently moved into an apartment with my son and I am the only one who likes lasagna so this is perfect for me. Plus I struggle with lunches for me at work.

• nancy says:

Can they be microwaved if put in the right container?

• Olivia says:

Hi, Nancy! Yes, you can microwave the lasagnas if you put them in a microwave-safe container! You can also pop the lasagna out of the foil pan and place it on a microwave-safe dish. (It’s easiest to pop out of the foil pan if the lasagna is slightly thawed.) -Olivia, MSM Team

• This is amazing! No matter how many you are cooking for, 2 or 4 or 10, you are have the perfect amount! Thanks for sharing. This is definitely one I will be bookmarking.

• Laura says:

Great recipe! Thanks, Olivia.

• Christy Stone says:

These will be perfect to send to college with my son!

• Lisa says:

Could I use all ricotta cheese in this recipe? The Italian in me cringes at cottage cheese anywhere near my lasagna! Thanks! 🙂

• MH says:

Yes, love this idea, but please check the sodium content of your spaghetti sauce and cheeses before adding any more salt! Most Americans consume way too much – just omit it from the recipe.

• Kim says:

How long would you recommend baking them for if you want to eat them right away?

• Olivia says:

Hello, Kim! I honestly have not tried it, but I’m guessing about 15 more minutes or until the lasagna noodles are cooked. -Olivia, MSM Team

• Angela says:

I have a lot of pans this size that are reusable. Would they freeze just as well as in the aluminum?

• Olivia says:

Hi, Angela! I have used pans that are reusable with good results! However, they are not as easy to pop out of the pans if you are wanting to microwave them. -Olivia, MSM Team

• Crystal says:

Love this idea! I always have so much left over when I make lasagna that we’re eating on it for days.

• Julie says:

If taking from the freezer, what are the reheat instructions? Should they be thawed first? LOVE this idea as I am cooking for one.

• Olivia says:

Hi, Julie! You can take stick them in the oven frozen (350 degrees for 1 hour, uncovered) or you can let them thaw a bit and pop them out of the foil pan onto a microwave-safe dish to microwave (somewhere around 8-10 minutes on high). -Olivia, MSM Team

• Peggy says:

What is the cooking time for oven and microwave. Also, on what setting for oven?

• Olivia says:

Hello, Peggy! After the lasagnas have been cooked (35 minutes at 350 degrees) and frozen, you can reheat them by sticking them straight from the freezer into the oven (350 degrees for 1 hour, uncovered). You can also thaw them slightly and pop them out of the pan onto a microwave-safe dish to microwave (somewhere around 8-10 minutes on high). -Olivia, MSM Team

• Sharyn Frederick says:

So to get this right, you cook them BEFORE you freeze them or can they be prepared according to recipe and immediately frozen? I don’t want to mess this great recipe up. Thanks for posting!

• Aubrey says:

Could I cook the noodles before hand or do they need to go in the foil already hard?

• Olivia says:

Hello, Aubrey! Yes, you can cook your noodles beforehand if you prefer! However, I like the texture of the lasagna more when they are not cooked. -Olivia, MSM Team

• Katelyn Sandquist says:

Looks and sounds amazing! Where did you find your tin foil pans?

• Tracy says:

Can you also prepare these without baking first and freeze them? I’m not sure if it would save any time but thought about preparing them and freezing first

• Missy says:

I have the same question. Why are you baking first? When I have done my large family size lasagna, I use oven ready noodles and freeze unbaked. I then bake from freezer all at once. I’m looking to do these for my daughter at college. I’m wanting your insight on why you bake first.

• Olivia says:

Good Morning, Tracy! That is a great question! I actually have never tried to freeze this lasagna without baking it first, so I’m not sure. If you try it, you’ll have to let me know how it turns out for you! 🙂 -Olivia, MSM Team

• Missy says:

I also have the same question as Tracy. I am wondering what your reasoning is for cooking it first. When I have made large family size lasagnas, I use oven ready noodles and freeze unbaked. I then pull from the freezer and bake all at once. I’m looking to make these for my college daughter and wanted your insight on why you bake first. Thank you!

• Olivia says:

Hi, Missy! Honestly, I’ve never stopped to think about it! I guess I cooked them because I thought they would be easier to reheat, especially when using the microwave. I was also concerned the noodles wouldn’t be cooked all the way. But it sounds like it has worked well for you, so I’m going to have to try it out sometime! -Olivia, MSM Team

• Connie Harn says:

Was wondering if you could do a white lasagna wiith ground chicken or turkey using Alfredo sauce?

• Bonnie says:

Hi Olivia, I feel that if cooked a half hour and then baked again for another hour won’t the cheese get too burnt? I would like to make these for my college daughter they seem perfect but i don’t want to overlook then

• Olivia says:

Hi, Bonnie! That’s an excellent question! Our oven tends to cook slower than most, and we also like our lasagnas to be crispy on top. Since all ovens and tastes are different, you’ll probably want to keep an eye on your lasagna when you reheat it. You can always cover it with foil or cook it for less time! 🙂 Let me know if you have any more questions! -Olivia, MSM Team

• Olivia says:

P.S. When we reheat the lasagnas, we place them in the oven directly from the freezer. We don’t start heating the oven until after we’ve put them in the oven. So, if you preheat your oven first, I’m guessing they wouldn’t take a whole hour to reheat. I should’ve clarified that in the recipe! -Olivia, MSM Team

• So excited to try this! This would be prefect for us at this season of life.

• Evelyn Young says:

Not sure if someone asked this, didnt read all of the comments but…how can you microwave these if youre on the go?

• Olivia says:

Hi, Evelyn! That’s a great question! Probably the easiest way to do that would be to use microwave-safe lasagna pans. Otherwise, you can remove a lasagna from the foil pan and place it in another dish to be microwaved later. (They are easiest to remove if they are slightly thawed.) -Olivia, MSM Team

• Jana says:

I just tossed these in the oven and am pretty excited! I used 2 pounds of ground beef and 1 pound of ground sausage. My “oven ready” noodles are different from yours. They’re wider, and not wavy on the edges. I’m sure I shouldn’t brand drop, so I won’t. I had to break them up and make it work that way. I thought about using regular noodles but don’t like to mess with a recipe the first time and have a disaster on my hands! Hoping that these turn out to be great with my odd noodles! I only ended up with 2 layers of everything due to the depth of the pans. Just wanted to add that for anyone wondering… I didn’t see a number of layers mentioned anywhere.

• Karen says:

I’m so looking forward to making this recipe over the weekend! Sometimes it’s difficult to find Ricotta cheese so I may have to use all cottage cheese 🙁 I’ve been looking for a great lasagna recipe…..could this be the one ?! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

• Heather Harrison says:

I do not like cottage cheese in my lasagna. Can I substitute something else or just use more ricotta?

• selina hohn says:

So obvious a splendid idea, so why oh why didn’t I come up with this??? Lol well guess who is going to make this delish dish this weekend and yes, I will be freezing them.

• selina hohn says:

This is obviously one of the very best ideas ever!!!! It saves money and time and portion co troll and is stress free. Thank you so much.

• J K Weigle says:

I have tried storing lasagna in tin pans in the freezer. You can’t leave them in the freezer for too long or the acid in the tomatoes eats thru the aluminium.

• Rose says:

How many layers do you make in each pan to get 13 to 15 pans of lasagna?

• Tiffany S says:

Hi There! I only have regular lasagna noodles. Is there a way to us them instead of using over ready ones?

Thank you!

• Sharon says:

For low-carb, has anyone tried with zucchini or something other than lasagna? If so, what are your thoughts on freezing it?

This looks/sounds soooo delicious!!!!

• Pat in CO says:

This recipe looks so much like the one I usually use from memory so Now I have it pre-typed for me. Except I never use ricotta cheese. Tummy can’t handle it so I use dry curd cottage cheese.
    Interested about NOT baking before freezing answer. Maybe parboil the noodles and assemble and freeze. May try just one not baked first.

• Rachael says:

How do these taste after freezing and reheating? Are the noodles soft and mushy like frozen boxed lasagnas, or more like fresh baked?

• Gina Hawkins says:

How long would you cook if cooking immediately?

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy