MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

33 Easy Bake Oven Mixes for under $4!

33-Easy-Bake-Oven-Mixes

Tara from Unsophisticook shows you how to make 33 Easy Bake Oven Mixes for under $4!

Confession time: I always wanted one of these ovens growing up! Anyone else?

16 Comments

• I loved my oven growing up! As well, I had a similar post on my blog about a year ago. I make freezable kits for frosting and cake mixes, which cost under $0.20 to make! http://theladyprefers2save.com/?p=10706

• Cheryl says:

I came to your blog looking for another post I saw on Twitter on my phone, and found this one and just wanted to say THANKS! I always wanted and Easy Bake oven growing up but my parents had other kids to worry about so I never got one. I bought one for myself about 8 years ago and never even opened the box. My daughter is 2.5 now and she discovered it in the closet. We opened it and had to throw away the mixes. They are so crazy expensive! I made a batch of cookies in the regular oven but we put a few in there so she could play with it. Now we’ll be able to make stuff for her to share with her daddy.

• Jackie says:

I always wanted one too…but did I get one?? No!! Also always wanted those shoes that light up whenever you take a step…never got those either! But I’m not bitter..oh no, not I ;-p

• Thanks so much for this. I got a great deal on an oven around christmas time with a sale and coupon but later realized the mixes are ridiculously expensive. I guess that is how they get you 🙂

• Penny says:

Great post! They can easily be converted if your little person is gluten free too!

• Jennifer says:

Oooh! I have no use for this recipe as I’ve got a boy, a big boy of nearly 12, who bakes in my gas oven. But I had an Easy-Bake Oven when I was a little girl and I loved it to pieces. It was so much fun. But even back, then, in the early to mid 70’s, the mixes were really expensive.

I had a pair of Jellies too. Oh how I loved them. Thanks for the flashback.

• denise says:

I had one and loved it! But I wish my mom could have had these inexpensive recipes 🙁

Also I love the *Friends* quote from Monica about how unreasonable it is to make a kid wait for a light bulb to cook brownies!

• Vickie says:

I always wanted an easy bake oven growing up too. I remember mom said she was afraid of fires….

• I had an easy bake oven and loved it, but then I realized I could bake much bigger cakes. I “upgraded” to the real oven and never looked back. My daughter always looks longingly at the easy-bake ovens whenever we go to the store, even though she also bakes using the real oven. 🙂

• Sue says:

My Hubby wanted an Easybake oven growing up but since he only had a brother..he never got one. When he saw one on clearance at Marshall’s , he couldn’t resist buying one…saying our 7 granddaughters would enjoy it…So I let him bake with them…and I’ll go outside with the 2 grandsons…LOL

• Amy says:

Yep, always wanted one and nope, never got it. Thankfully I have two daughters! I’ll have to buy it “for them!”

• Shauna says:

Thanks. My daughter received one a year ago for Christmas. We will have to try this.

• I’ve always wanted one, too… never got one though. 🙁

• Sarah says:

We are all out of mixes in our house and I was happy to discover you can make your own! In looking at the Duncan Hines Signature mixes you recommend – they typically require oil and eggs. How do these work without those?

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy