MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Join Us for an Impromptu Eat from the Pantry Challenge!

Eat From the Pantry Challenge

Since we’re moving to TN next week, I’m on a mission to use up everything in my freezer and refrigerator this week. So we’re doing an impromptu Eat from the Pantry Challenge.

We are going to buy milk, eggs, and bread. But other than that, I’m going to try to just use up what we already have here.

I’ll be posting an update every evening this week (through Friday evening), sharing what meals we came up with based upon what we already have on hand. I already have our basement pantry packed up, so this is going to make it even more of a fun challenge. 🙂

Eat From the Pantry Challenge

Want to join us? If you plan to join us for this Impromptu Eat from the Pantry Challenge, leave a link to your blog below. And then come back every evening and I’ll have a link-up for you to share what you ate from the Pantry that day. This should be interesting — and I can’t wait to see what you come up with to make!

36 Comments

• Looking forward to seeing your recipes!

• Sarah says:

Perfect timing! I was already sort of unofficially planning to eat from the pantry this week, so now it’s official. We’re stocked on bread, milk and eggs, but I will have to pick up a little bit of produce. Thanks for the push!

• Sonya says:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Sometimes these are the best recipes 🙂

• Kari Cooper says:

I’ve learned that the “throw what you have together dishes” usually turn out really good.. often times, I’ve made something like that and the kids want me to make it again and I forgot how I made it, lol! We are going to eat from pantry this week too.. except for one baseball game night(treat). Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!!

• Joy says:

Wait! What?!? You’re moving to TN? I must have missed that announcement. Didn’t you just move to KS? LOL

• Amy says:

I would absolutely be right there with you this week, if we hadn’t just done this informally last week. Our freezer pretty much echos when opened! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with , though!

• Dawn says:

This is perfect since my husband challenged me to cut back on our grocery spending. I am doing a modified pantry challenge which started today. It will be more fun with a group of supporters!

• Denise says:

You are so good to stay on track even with moving. We ate out a lot the two weeks before we moved but since I worked full time up until the day before we moved I gave myself grace to pick up food to save myself extra stress.

Now that we’re moved we don’t have pantry space so I won’t be joining the challenge but I’ll look forward to your posts!

Good luck with the move. State to state moves are a challenge…I know I just did it 5 months ago!

• Ai says:

Great timing! I had things in the fridge that I wanted to use up before any major shopping. This challenge is a nice way to hold myself accountable. Thanks!

• We normally do this at the end of the month anyways! We hosted both side of the family’s Easter gatherings so we have lots of left overs to get us through the rest of the month! 🙂

• Well, my freezer and pantry are so stocked that I was planning to just eat the food in the house anyway. I don’t think I’ll have anything creative in my cooking this week but look forward to your meals. I do need to thaw a turkey from my freezer and cook it this week though.

• Vanessa B says:

Perfect timing for us, my pantry and freezer are very full! My grocery spending had gotten a little out of control so I could really use a break from grocery shopping. I look forward to your posts.

• Kellie says:

I had my own eat from the freezer challenge in January, and I found an easy soup recipe that helped me use up our frozen veggies. I’ve made it a few times now (with various types of veggies) and the whole family loves it.
    If I were moving in a week, I’d definitely be thinking easy as the priority and using up extra food as the bonus. 😉

• Good Luck with your move Crystal. My weekly menu was already made using preplanned leftovers from Easter so I kind of feel like I am cheating here LOL.

• Zan says:

Ahh, congrats on the move! Hope you enjoy Tennesse and may God continue to use your family mightily, for His glory!

I was already planning to use items from my pantry this week, so thank you for the extra motivation!

• Mona says:

This is perfect – I have stuff in my pantry that I bought with good intentions and it’s still sitting there. Maybe this is the week… 🙂

• Kim Hanners says:

We are actually eating through our freezer and pantry all month! Have a safe move!

• Carla says:

I have Easter left overs, but not a whole lot more, so this may be more of a challenge, but I think I will try, too!

• I hope everything goes smoothly with your move! I’m sure you are filled with mixed feelings. A new adventure is always fun, but it’s sad to leave friends and family behind.

We have been having a no-spend month during April, which includes a total eat-from-the-pantry menu (http://www.sixfiguresunder.com/planning-no-spend-month/)! I would love to share some of the things we are eating.

It really is amazing what you can come up with, using what you already have. We are using everything we save to go toward our student loans, which gives some real purpose to our challenge.

• Janet says:

It’s spring break week here. Trying to be as frugal as possible by using our pantry. Lot’s of scratch cooking and pulling items out of the freezer! I will be using your recipe for dinner rolls this week too!

• Steph says:

Looking forward to joining you in the eat-out-of-the-pantry week! Money is tight this week so we were kind of planning to anyway. We stocked up on produce and eggs today so we are set to go.

• Jen says:

I just sat down to plan our menu for the week and realized that I already have it planned since last week got busy and everything got pushed back. Maybe I’ll push myself to make it to the end of the month… It should be easy with Hubby travelling for a few days right at the end of it all! I’m alright with some frozen veggies over rice, but he needs meat in his life.

• Melissa Miller says:

What perfect timing! Looking forward to your recipes and meal ideas.

• Carly says:

We ran out of grocery money for the month so we are doing this too! Yesterday we had frozen salmon and broccoli. Tonight is omelets and tomorrow I’ll probably make a vegetarian coconut curry with canned garbanzo beans.

• Claire says:

Although I have a meal plan for dinners with my husband this month, I always struggle a bit more when it comes to lunches when it’s just me, or for the dinners when he has to work evenings. This challenge is proving wonderful for me on those occasions! 🙂

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy