MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

What Matters More Than Hitting the New York Times Best Seller’s List

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

Last night, something really exciting happened.

Something that YOU all made happen…

My book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, hit #8 on The New York Times Best Seller’s List!!!

If you’re not an author, that might not mean much to you. But as an author, that’s a HUGE honor… and something I still can’t believe actually happened!

It didn’t happen because of me. It happened because of YOU.

You all rallied around this book. You pre-ordered the book. You asked your libraries to carry it.

You celebrated my launch week last week by sharing about my book on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, and word-of-mouth with your friends. You went to your local bookstores and bought the book. You wrote reviews on Amazon.

Say Goodbye to Survival Mode

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Thank you for believing in this project. Thank you for celebrating with me. Thank you for sharing your excitement with others. Most of all, thank you for being readers here.

I wish that I could invite each and every one of you to my house for coffee and cookies and tell you face-to-face how much you all mean to me. I am humbly grateful for the opportunity I have to write here each day, to learn from your comments and emails, to interact with you all on the MSM Facebook Page, and to get to meet you all at speaking events.

But there’s something that means much more to me than hitting the NYT list… You see, last week, on my Book Launch Day, Kaitlynn (6) brought some brownies and a sign that read:

What Matters Much More Than Hitting the NYT List

That sign speaks volumes of what I want for my life.

I’m thrilled to have made The New York Times Best Seller’s List, but what matters much more is that a six-year-old girl calls me “#1 Mom”.

What Matters More Than the NYT List

The opportunities that have opened up as a result of this blog in the past few years are exciting. It’s my heart’s desire that I use the platform I’ve been given to influence as many lives as possible. I am passionate about challenging women and families everywhere to live all of their life with intention and purpose.

However, in the midst of this, I don’t lose sight of the opportunities to nurture and love the four people (my husband and three precious children) right in my own home. At the end of my life, those four people matter much, much more than any accolades.

So yes, we celebrated last night with cake and pancakes — two of my very favorite things! We hugged and hollered and called and texted our closest friends.

What Matters More Than Hitting the NYT List

But it’s back to real life today. Back to the homeschooling and cleaning and cooking and the everyday things of life.

It’s messy, it’s often loud, and it’s sometimes exhausting, but I want to love and savor every minute of the everyday-ness of life in this home with these four wonderful people. Because that’s what’s going to matter most at the end of my life.

126 Comments

• Jen says:

Love this. 🙂

• Melissa Hayner says:

Congratulations! That is such a major accomplishment! What I think is even better about that stat is that in order to get there, millions of people are benefiting from your methods! You’ve changed so many lives and made a real difference in the world, and that is an accomplishment far greater than the NYT list! Thank you for all that you do, you have made a major difference in my life!

• Thank you so much for your sweet encouragement! One of our big prayers for this book was not for the numbers sold but for the lives changed… because that matters so much more!

• Deanna says:

What a beautiful post and beautiful family. Thank you for being honest, transparent and for reminding all of use to keep our priorities in line. Have a wonderful weekend!

• Molly says:

Wow, that is an amazing feat! So proud and happy for you. You deserve all the success that comes your way. I am reading the book you sent me and let me tell you something, I cannot believe that what you wrote has and is happening to me. The part where you were getting sick every so often, that actually is happening to me and now I know why! As for the goal setting, I have been implimenting that since December and boy, has it helped me, except I call it “stop talking about it and just do it” goal. You would not believe the effect it has had. I have gotten so much done in just this short period of time. I have been following you since last year and you have helped me in so many ways, money, family, cooking, couponing, goal setting and the list goes on. You were my inspiration for my first blog, then I stopped doing that one and decided to do a facebook page instead, that has become so special and growing everyday and after reading parts of your book, I decided to redo my blog and will be launching it next month because of the growing numbers on my facebook page! You are my inspiration through and through. I feel I can accomplish anything. This book could not have come at a better time for me, I wanted this year to be all about changes and goals and family, and what you wrote in the book (I am on page 82 right now) has helped me already. Thanks for writing the book and keep doing what you are doing. You are a #1 Mom and a #1 person!

• JOYce says:

YAY!!! 🙂

Help us see where their list reflects this, Crystal. Hands-Free Mama was 8 last week(TRUMP BUMP! 🙂 and something else is listed at 8 today for Feb 2 publish on the site. http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2014-01-26/advice-how-to-and-miscellaneous/list.html http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2014-02-02/advice-how-to-and-miscellaneous/list.html Do they only publish a list once a week or am I looking at the wrong category(checked several for the newest list they show on Feb 2 publish)? Even searched by author. Where else to look to see you there??? Amazon doesn’t show you on their NY Times list of 100 though you are still in Amazon’s best sellers. Does the NY TIMES change that quickly? Where oh where can we link see yesterday? 🙂

• My book will be listed in the February 9 Best Seller’s List. They send the list out to all the publishers as soon as it’s released, but the official list isn’t published until two weeks later.

Sorry for the confusion there! And I’m SO excited for how well Hands Free Mama has done!

• Chrissy says:

This is awesome!! Congratulations!!!

• Jessica W says:

Congrats Crystal!! I’m so excited for the success of your new book. I’m going to pick it up once our taxes come in and we have a little breathing room to spend.

Thank you for all you do here on your site!

• Danielle Hull says:

Congratulations!!!

• Sarah Sanders says:

So, so awesome!!!!! Your focus is in the right place and God will continue to bless your socks off!!! 😀
    Many blessings on you and yours-

• Charlotte says:

I keep reading all the reviews and would love to read your new book with my husband. However, money is tight right now as we are expecting a new baby in the next few weeks. Congratulations on your success!

• Asma says:

Congratulations!!! So very happy for your success and wishing you much more!!!

• Bethany says:

Congrats, it’s such an amazing accomplishment! I’ve been following your blog for the past couple years, and I couldn’t begin to name the things I’ve learned from you! I can’t wait to read it, we don’t have the money to buy, but I’m hoping our library will end up getting enough requests to order it! I’m sure it’s amazing, obviously since its hit #8! You seem to have it all together (most days :D) with an amazing family that supports you in your endeavors of helping others! Congrats again, you deserve it!

• Misty Nicole Overstreet says:

What a major accomplishment! I love the concept of your book, and was wondering what your thoughts might be as to sharing the ideas in the book, for young mothers who are struggling to turn their lives around. I am currently working on baskets of couponed-goodies, pre-made coupon guides and binders, and am thinking I might want to include your book into the mix for these ladies; they are 18-22 and many get help in various ways from places in their community, and attend our church. They are military wives, unwed moms, or mothers hoping to start living a more frugal lifestyle, for their children. These ladies have never been taught that thriving, is not just a lifestyle choice, but a lifestyle of abundance and joy that is obtainable! I think your book would help them all tremendously!
    Thanks for all you do!

• How exciting! Congratulations!

• Katie says:

congrats! My husband ordered it for me for a valentine’s day present! So excited I can’t wait to read it!

Katie

• Nicole says:

How exciting! I am sure you must be thrilled 🙂 Congratulations, I hope God blesses you and your family, and your move. I can say that a week ago I was feeling overwhelmed and upset all the time…just by taking care of three little ones and a home. But when my book came on Monday (I was having a hard day) It was just the encouragement I needed. Just getting the book in the mail changed my day 🙂 And my week has been much better because of it. Thank you so much!

• Clare C. says:

What an awesome accomplishment and what a sweet note from your Kaitlynn! Congrats, Crystal!

• Brit says:

Great news and congratulations!!!

• Stacie says:

Yay!! I’m so excited for you!! I didn’t realize!!

I love this post, too–a great reminder that even the amazing things we accomplish pale in comparison to our families–and the calling we have as wives and moms. What great memories…the sign is precious!

Love you, sweet friend. Can’t wait to see you soon!

• Lety says:

This post has my soul smiling! My heart is so filled with joy for you as well as with gratitude for having stumbled upon your blog so many years ago. Congratulations, Crystal! May you and your family continue to be blessed.

• Dawn Marie says:

I wasn’t sure if your book would be right for me. I have read SO MANY organization books written by people who are naturals at organizing. How does a person explain what comes very, very easily to them to the mind of a person that it does NOT come easily to? I also homeschool and have two toddlers on top of my three is school, and every day I look at my house and just get so discouraged and completely overwhelmed.
    After reading the review you posted I feel as if your book might be the right one. It isn’t this complicated 87-step process of sheer perfection. Though purchase isn’t a part of our budget, finding five things I do every day seems attainable for me and my family, so I will develope my list and hope to be able to afford your book sometime in the future. One step forward is an encouragement to me.

• I’d love to send you a copy of my book. Just email your mailing address to crystal@moneysavingmom.com

• Nicole says:

I read your post and I felt I needed to encourage you 🙂 I am probably the WORST organizer/cleaner in the world! I work very very hard just to keep my house clean..and it always seem that once I get one thing organized…another thing falls apart..ahh! And I only have two toddlers and a baby! I know (sort of) exactly how you feel and even though I have no organization advice to give you I will be praying that the book helps you and that God helps you with your organization (and mine!) God bless you and I hope you have a great week 🙂

• Laurie says:

Thank you, Crystal, for being so genuine – that shows through every page of your best seller, and through all you do at MSM everyday. And thanks for reminding us of the true priorities.

• You are such an inspiration to me–that’s what I want to, and I just have a itty bitty blog and know how much time that takes! Thanks for encouraging and inspiring so many moms and women in your realm of influence.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy