I’ve been making Sliced Baked Potatoes for years. In fact, this was one of the first recipes I started making way back in my early teens!
These are versatile, hearty, and delicious. They are a fun way to dress up an ordinary potato!
Sliced Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium baking potatoes (evenly-sized)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme, sage, etc.) or 2-3 teaspoons dried herbs (of your choice
- 4 Tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Scrub and rinse potatoes. Cut into thin slices, but NOT all the way through.
Put potatoes in a baking dish and fan out the slices. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter, then sprinkle with herbs.
Bake potatoes for about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Then bake for another 10-15 minutes until lightly browned and potatoes are done.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!