MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #9 Update

During the month of April, I’m encouraging my readers to participate in a 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge (read more here, if you missed my announcement about this challenge last week). Every week day morning at 9 a.m., I’ll post the daily project and every evening around 6 p.m. EST, I’ll post an update and link-up.

How did your Project #9 go?

So, I told you I was planning to clean the girls’ room. And I totally was.

Until I walked into my closet.

Ahem.

Remember how I told you that I really need a Put-Er-Away-Er? Yes, here’s definite proof that I wasn’t joking, was I?!

After lots of reorganizing, going through stuff and finding things to get rid of and moving other things to where they are actually supposed to reside — like in the basement and elsewhere in the house! — my closet is actually fairly presentable again.

And I even vacuumed it. 🙂

Join in the Chatter

::Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post on linky below. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge Pinterest Group, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.

::Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? I’ll also be sharing some of my cleaning pictures on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #Cleanin30 to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!

Other posts in the 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge series

1. Join us for the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge in April!
  2. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #1
  19. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #11 Update
  20. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Projects #12-14
  21. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #12-14 Update
  22. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15
  23. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15 Update
  24. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16
  25. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16 Update (And help! What do I do about the boy bathroom smell?!)
  26. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #17
  40. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #26
  41. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29
  42. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29 Update
  43. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30
  44. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30 Update

24 Comments

• I didn’t tackle the closet today instead I did bedroom windows and under the bed! But take heart my bedroom closet looks a lot like your before picture. It’s a big closet so for some reason it becomes storage for all sorts of things that really should have other homes.

• Taralyn says:

Am I missing the link up? I don’t see one for this post. Love this challenge!

• Nicole says:

Can I just giggle for a moment about how few clothes you have hung up in your closet? I don’t know why, it’s just so funny!!

I don’t know how you do it, but you must be super-talented. 🙂 Haha, well…I already knew that. 🙂

• I am a little behind. Once I catch up I will post pictures etc. Today was the first day I could move. For some reason I have had horrible back pain. I couldn’t move let alone CLEAN. My house is kinda a mess when mom gets sick. LOL!

• Jen Krausz says:

Don’t you love it! My house could be spotless, but if I am sick for one day it looks like the aftermath of a tornado. Well, at least you can tell that I do something around the house.

• Jennifer says:

I have a “put-er-away” – she is 12. I pay $1 for her to put all the kids clothes away. Love it!

• I only wish my “before” picture looked like yours! You would faint if you saw the state of my bedroom “before”!

• Kelly says:

I surface cleaned the master bedroom today. My husband and I have been doing well at keeping it tidy since I cleaned it last week, so today was a fairly easy day. A put-er-away-er would be fantastic – sign me up for one!

• Theresa says:

Your closet looks good! I cleaned a closet too. It was a disaster, now I might let the boys play in there. (Maybe…depending on how long I want it to stay clean…) 😉
    Thanks for helping me stay accountable!

• Lana says:

My husband puts away the laundry 😀 Since we are empty nesters with a house full of guest rooms and our bedroom which was clean already I did not have bedroom cleaning to do today. I did clean the half bath, the kitchen sink and counters and my van. I also dusted the lampshades and raked the front yard.

• Sarah says:

Ok, your “before” pictures always look like my successful “after”. Your bar is set WAY high. 🙂 I wish my house looked like yours…before OR after.

Today I dusted the living room (that I didn’t get to earlier in the week), the master bedroom and the two kiddie rooms. And I realized that I desperately need to dust/vacuum the blinds, something that always gets ignored/overlooked because it is such a chore and we have soooo many windows.

• We had a blizzard today so I tidied the entire house, folded and put laundry away, did a little extra in the kitchen and vacuumed the entire upstairs. I’m going to go back into the kitchen to touch up a little bit and I think that’s it for us today. The house looks really good!

I have some magazines to donate tomorrow, some drywall tape we won’t need that I can return for refund, and a few things for the yard sale box.

• If someone could create a “folder”, they would be very rich! 🙂

• Marie says:

Sadly, it’s the second day I didn’t do the challenge. I’ve been being more intentional with my 2 year old and we have had two busy days with playdates. But it’s been great and I know everything is a balance. And I love that they are easy enough I can fit them in later if I want.
    But I will say my house is feeling better and more kept up.

• Blaire says:

I swept and vacuumed the whole house, since I didn’t do it on Monday. Put everything away in all rooms. Did 2 loads of laundry, folded and put away 6 (Sunday – Tuesdays wash). Unloaded the dishwasher. Read books to kids, did workbooks/homework, played outside. It was a good day!

• Shelly says:

I cleaned my bedroom and the kid’s bedrooms today. They were still fairly clean so I just needed to dust and do a little picking up.

I have a load of laundry folded right now and on top of the washer. I really need to get it put away. I wish I had a putter-way-et.

• Becky G says:

Today, I didn’t get to clean much since I was in serious need of groceries, I had to go take care of that before this winter storm hit us. Yes, winter storm in spring….crazy weather.

I don’t do this often, but today i did clean my kitchen trash can, it looks clean & sparkly. I also dealt with hotspots where I saw signs of clutter developing. It sneaks up quickly.

Side note…Crystal, while I was at the grocery store I found about 11 packages of 93% ground beef for $2.35 per lb, i’ll use some for freezer cooking and 85% ground beef for under $2 per lb that I’ll use for patties. I wasn’t planning on buying all that but I figured I had room in my freezers & it was a pretty good deal. I went over budget a little, but I will make up for it by not having to buy ground beef in a while. Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you 🙂

• I totally needed this today, Crystal. With a newborn and already not feeling confident in the organization of my teeny apartment, I’ve been stressed lately. I’ve been thinking about all the bloggers I read and how they have it all together. This woke me back up to reality that everyone is human and just keep loving my husband and my baby girl. It doesn’t matter if my house is pristine!

• Jen Krausz says:

Wow, if you think that’s messy, I really feel bad about my closet. And bedroom floor. And basement! I’m working on decluttering, and it’s happening a little bit at a time. I’m selling a lot of things on ebay, which is helping both our extremely low cash flow AND the clutter situation, but it’s a work in progress, so it definitely doesn’t look “there” yet. Or even close.

• Katie says:

I feel so behind in this challenge. It took me a whole week to surface clean the kitchen and living room, and then I was nearly caught up with the whole challenge. I was just heading upstairs to clean the bedroom on Tuesday when my contractions got too strong to work through. Less than four hours later, we have a brand-new daughter! So that may be it for me for this challenge. I’ll blog about/link up what I’ve done so far when I get a chance – we’re only just all home from the hospital.

• Denise says:

Great job on your closet! That’s a good idea to stick a dress in the closet for more storage.

Denise 🙂