MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #8

During the month of April, I’m encouraging my readers to participate in a 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge (read more here, if you missed my announcement about this challenge last week). Every week day morning at 9 a.m., I’ll post the daily project and every evening around 6 p.m. EST, I’ll post an update and link-up.

April 8, 2013 Project

Today’s project is to sweep and vacuum all floors in your house.

If you have family members who can help, divide this up so that it’s a bit more manageable. If you don’t have anyone who can help out with this and you’re short on time today, just focus on sweeping and vacuuming the most trafficked areas of your home.

Come back here at 6 p.m. EST and I’ll show you pictures of my cleaning accomplishments and have a linky so you can link up yours, too!

Join in the Chatter

::Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post on the daily check-ins. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge Pinterest Group, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.

::Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? I’ll also be sharing some of my cleaning pictures on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #Cleanin30 to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!

photo credit

Other posts in the 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge series

1. Join us for the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge in April!
  2. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #1
  19. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #11 Update
  20. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Projects #12-14
  21. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #12-14 Update
  22. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15
  23. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15 Update
  24. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16
  25. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16 Update (And help! What do I do about the boy bathroom smell?!)
  26. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #17
  40. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #26
  41. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29
  42. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29 Update
  43. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30
  44. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30 Update

29 Comments

• I really do think you’re spying on me!!! Haha! This is EXACTLY what I intended on doing today anyway, the dog hair has completely taken over!

• Jessica says:

We did this yesterday and discovered a trove of toys under our couch… and some bugs- EWWWW!!!!

I’m continuing with my own decluttering challenge. My hallway is now lined with stuff that needs to be taken to the donation center or picked up… going to make a few calls later to see if some place can pick the stuff up this week, as it is more than a minivan load’s worth of stuff. It’s more like three minivan loads worth!

• Mel says:

Good for you, Jessica! I’ll be decluttering this week…might need an extra dose of chocolate to get through it!

• Chris says:

Way to go Jessica! I would suggest you try http://www.pickupsforvets.org or their number is 1-800-535-3834 to see if they handle your area. I have been donating to them for several years and they make it a very simple, convenient process. You just pick a date from their calendar on their website, fill in your name, address, etc. and have the stuff someplace they can easily get to it on the pick-up day (I use my front porch). They offer several dates per month in my area, so I don’t even wait until I have a large donation anymore. As I fill a couple of boxes or bags I have it picked up right away so it doesn’t accumulate and cause clutter. Sorry for such a long reply, but this is an organization I really am impressed with, so I sing their praises any chance I get! 🙂

• Ac says:

A friend recently posted this from Joyce Meyer Ministries. It reminded me of your house cleaning challenge and other “getting your life in order” series you’ve had.

“You can’t take authority over your life if you don’t have authority over a sink full of dirty dishes or a messy garage.”

Guess for your page it would be that you can’t take authority over your FINANCES if you don’t have authority over a sink full of dirty dishes or a messy garage. 😀

• Cait says:

EEG. I so did not want to do this today, but it’s on the project list – must do it! 🙂

• Oh, I am on this! Good thing I have my son to help. He actually enjoys helping me vacuum. 🙂

• Katie says:

After our weekend this is exactly the project that needs to happen today!

• Emily says:

I love these daily posts, but I have to say, things like bathroom cleaning and vacuuming HAVE to be done on a daily or at least weekly basis at my house! There’s no way I could make these chores once-a-month activities (as much as I’d love to)!!

• Susan says:

I agree. Like many things, cleaning the floors is a chore if you put it off until it’s, well, a big chore. If you do it regularly, it only takes a few minutes.

My mom used to always say that “if you clean up messes when they’re little, they dont’ become big.” I haven’t always been successful at cleaning up messes before they become big, but this concept is always in my mind.

This is great series tho, and I’m sure it’s providing a lot of inspiration for many readers.

• Crystal says:

Yes, I’m definitely with you there! 🙂

• Melissa says:

Cool. We did this on Saturday. It feels good to be ahead. 🙂 So instead today I will continue marching forward with our decluttering. I have a very large 10 shelf bookcase that I’m working on one shelf at a time. I’m hoping to tackle at least 2 more shelves tonight after work. I’ve been removing everything from the shelf, cleaning it, and then going through each item to decide if it goes back, gets donated or belongs somewhere else.

• I will definitely get to this one today. I just finished up a post about being more efficient when it comes to the dishes.

I hate how the sink is already getting messed up again after I shined it, so I came up with a free, quick solution to solve it. I LOVE this challenge.

Nice way to ease into the week, Crystal.

I can’t wait to read about the educational freebies too. : D

• Shelly says:

I’m getting this task out of the way this morning. The kids need to pick my the toys in the living room before I can even get to the floor so we will be working together today. 🙂

• Monday’s are typically laundry/clean up from the weekend day around here, so I will definitely be getting this done in all of the main rooms today.

• Kelsey A says:

Just finished the floors! The tile was the biggest problem with all the dog hair and my son spilling milk and crushing cheerios everywhere. The carpets I did Saturday.

• Kelly Love says:

My floors need attention today, so this is perfect!

• Holly says:

I have a silly question…What happen to day 6 and 7? Did I miss them?

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy