MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #5-7

During the month of April, I’m encouraging my readers to participate in a 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge (read more here, if you missed my announcement about this challenge last week). Every week day morning at 9 a.m., I’ll post the daily project and every evening around 6 p.m. EST, I’ll post an update and link-up.

April 5, 2013 Project

With the weekend coming up tomorrow, today you get to choose your project from the list. You can either surface clean the living room and kitchen, clean a bathroom, or clean your interior windows.

Or, if you have a lot of extra time and energy, you can choose more than one project. Just promise me you won’t aim too high and then end up feeling disappointed with yourself if you don’t get it all done, okay?

I decided to clean our bathroom, since I didn’t get to it on Tuesday. {I already did my project on Wednesday as I’m at the Midwest Homeschool Convention today!}

You can see step-by-step instructions on how to surface clean your living room and kitchen here. Or, step-by-step instructions on how to clean the bathroom here.

Come back here at 6 p.m. EST and I’ll show you pictures of my cleaning accomplishments and have a linky so you can link up yours, too!

What project are you planning to tackle today?

Join in the Chatter

::Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post on the daily check-ins. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge Pinterest Group, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.

::Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? I’ll also be sharing some of my cleaning pictures on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #Cleanin30 to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!

photo credit

Other posts in the 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge series

1. Join us for the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge in April!
  2. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #1
  19. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #11 Update
  20. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Projects #12-14
  21. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #12-14 Update
  22. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15
  23. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15 Update
  24. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16
  25. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16 Update (And help! What do I do about the boy bathroom smell?!)
  26. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #17
  41. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29
  42. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29 Update
  43. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30
  44. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30 Update

34 Comments

• Sarah says:

Today I will be dusting the living room, wiping down the kitchen counters and cleaning my coffee maker by running some vinegar through it (as well as the normal pick up anything that’s out of place). I think I will also give the Master bathroom tub a good scrub down before I get into the shower. Then with whatever time I can spare for the rest of the day I will be slowly tackling the dining room project from yesterday that didn’t get done.

• Katie says:

I’m going to tackle the window cleaning project & cleaning the living room and kitchen {the kitchen cleaning especially is a habit I want to be in every day}.

I hope the rest of the Homeschool Convention is great for you! 🙂 Have a great weekend!

• Lana says:

Glass cleaning is on my regular chore list today so I will do that since I will have the microfiber glass cloth in hand already and can just add the other windows that I normally do not do. Bathrooms are all on next week’s chore list–not my favorite chore week.

• Daniela says:

I’m amazed I’ve been able to get a lot done with the challenge despite the fact it is our spring break. Since I spent most of yesterday at the zoo with the kiddos, I didn’t get a chance to do an extra room. So today I am tackling our basement with the kids. Plan on getting this done before I head off with my daughter to our very first girl scout overnighter way up high in the mountains. I think both the cleaning project and girl scout camp will be quite the adventure 🙂

• Carrie says:

I’m a little bit behind on the challenge and will be cleaning 2 more bathrooms. I also need to clean my bedroom this weekend and get caught up on this challenge.

• I didn’t get a chance to come back last evening but I did get to the extra rooms (laundry and sun room.)

Today I am going to do our master bathroom but I am going to do more than a surface clean. I have been meaning to do a deep clean in there so this challenge is the perfect motivation to get it done. 🙂

• Breanne says:

I’ve already done the other ones…so it’s a window day for me!

• Shelly says:

Today I will be surface cleaning the living room and kitchen. Those rooms are our most lived in rooms so they need the most cleaning. I will also tackle cleaning the inside of the windows. I have been cleaning the windows as I cleaned each room so I only have a few left to do. I am hoping to get all of this done before I pick up my 40 pounds of chicken from Zaycon Foods to process for the freezer today.

• Angie F. says:

As a homeschooling family, those are the two rooms that get the most traffic, and lived in clutter too. Also the “boy cave” (family room) downstairs. I assigned that one to my two teens tomorrow. I’ll be playing catch up in the bathrooms, and the office, and probably dusting. Felt great to clean the slider in the kitchen that the dogs constantly smear. Hmmm, wonder how long that clean look will last?

Love Zaycon. Just don’t make the mistake we did on our first order. My DH didn’t know about the “processing” and prep part, so after he went to pick it up ( I was gone), he stuck the whole 40 pounds in the freezer, resulting in one big frozen clump of chicken breasts! Oops. We managed to defrost half at a time, but I ended up cooking a bunch at once, crockpot, oven, poached, you name it, then bagging and refreezing. My guys were sick of chicken by the end of that week! Lol

I have to admit that I am just slightly envious of Carol’s sunroom. Would love that! 😉

• Brooke says:

I’m going to do the windows today! I’m extra excited about it because its actually warm and sunny for a change!

• Tami says:

I already need to surface clean the living room and kitchen, so I will do that along with cleaning the windows in those rooms (only 4 total). I also did all of the bathrooms the other day, so I may touch up the powder bathroom that we use everyday and clean out the Master tub! =-)

• Chelsea says:

I will be surface cleaning the living room and kitchen. The nice thing about being part of this challenge is that we have a guest spending the night tonight and I don’t feel like I’m running around cleaning the house. I’m caught up on laundry and I will probably spend 30-45 minutes cleaning today and that’s it. I’ll save the windows for tomorrow and spot clean the bathrooms since I cleaned both of them a few days ago.

• Kim in Cali says:

I’ll clean a bathroom. I’ll keep it in the back of my mind to get a few windows cleaned also, but my focus will be the bathroom.

• Bethany says:

I have enjoyed this challenge so much! I’ve been so much more successful than with other things I’ve tried. What I like about this list is that it’s fairly basic, as well as versatile. You can make it as simple or as thorough as you want. I’ve been doing at least something every day, which for me is great. As I’m prone to not do anything and just overwhelmed with the mess! This is taking baby steps 🙂 I’ll be surface cleaning the office, living room, and kitchen today.

• I am going to tackle out living room! It needs a good cleaning especially our fire place and the carpet! I have a Bissell floor cleaner so I can shampoo the carpets but my stains seem to still come back any good tips out there for removing set in carpet stains?

• Blaire says:

I just decided to dust the whole house today. 3 levels, 10+ rooms.
    All the rooms are picked up and clothes are out for tomorrow.

I had already dusted the bathrooms on bathroom day this week.
    I cleaned all 3.5 bathrooms, dusted, swept and mopped them that day.
    Our master bath has a garden tub and seperate shower.
    Definitely took me quite a bit longer than 20 minutes! 🙂

I saw that we are going to sweep and vacuum on Monday, so I will just work ahead on that over the week-end. But if I don’t get to it, I will just do the whole thing on Monday.

• I have to ask – Is anyone else suffering from “I cleaned that this morning, but now you can’t tell” syndrome?? I run an in-home daycare and have 4 boys of my own. I really am doing the missions every day (in fact, almost all of these are part of our daily missions anyway), but I’d be embarrassed to post what they look like by evening 😛 I just find it ironic that even though I’m doing the 30 Day House-Cleaning Challenge, my house still isn’t clean 😉 Oh well, I suppose it will be clean when they leave for college!

• Sarah says:

Yes! I clean my kitchen every morning, but as soon as I start to cook/bake it looks like I didn’t do anything. I also have two large dogs and a little boy, so the floor looks vacuumed/swept/steamed for about an hour… I can’t keep up with the dog hair and it gets absolutely everywhere. There is nothing more discouraging than having to vacuum the walls because it somehow flies up there and sticks!

• I feel that way all of the time. Sometimes I take my kids out so no one can mess anything up. Taking pictures for this challenge can serve as proof that it was clean once upon a time. I can relate to that struggle.

Surface cleaning can help that. It takes less time. I cleaned the kitchen counters and then scrubbed the sink. The counters are messed up again but I know the sink is clean.

• Aside from the laundry room, I hope to get our family room somewhat cleaned up. There’ s still a couple moving boxes in there that need to be unpacked. I also ordered some shelves from Wal Mart that just came in. So we will go pick those up and maybe start getting things organized. That room also serves as a toy room for my kids, so you can imagine how quickly things can get messy.

• Angela says:

This weekend I’ll tackle the dining area – which I was supposed to do it yesterday as the “bonus room” – and I’ll do the interior windows – which have never been cleaned since we moved into our apartment 15 months ago!

• Kimberly says:

I touched up the living room / kitchen….still pretty clean from earlier this week.

I took advantage of my son being at preschool today and deep cleaned his room….and purged a few toys so he wouldn’t see me get rid of them! Not dealing with tears over 3 year old toys today!!

• I am catching up. I took a break and I feel motivated now. I’m glad the kitchen is involved in this challenge.

After researching several articles about how some bacteria can split every 20 minutes, I realized how VITAL it is to get cleaning the sink. So I wrote my post about it.

Looking forward to reading other people’s posts as well.

• Kelsey A says:

Since I just started today (and am caught up now!) I already did the living room/kitchen and bathrooms, so I guess I’m off to go do the windows!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy