MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #19 Update

During the month of April, I’m encouraging my readers to participate in a 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge (read more here, if you missed my announcement about this challenge last week). Every week day morning at 9 a.m., I’ll post the daily project and every evening around 6 p.m. EST, I’ll post an update and link-up.

I told you my garage needed some help and I wasn’t joking…

Dirt Pile #1

Dirt Pile #2

Join in the Chatter

::Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post on linky below. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge Pinterest Group, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.

::Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? I’ll also be sharing some of my cleaning pictures on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #Cleanin30 to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!

Other posts in the 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge series

1. Join us for the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge in April!
  2. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #1
  19. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #11 Update
  20. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Projects #12-14
  21. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #12-14 Update
  22. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15
  23. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15 Update
  24. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16
  25. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16 Update (And help! What do I do about the boy bathroom smell?!)
  26. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #17
  41. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29
  42. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29 Update
  43. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30
  44. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30 Update

25 Comments

• Slides 'n Sandboxes says:

How often do you sweep your garage during the winter? To be honest, your garage dirt piles are really small :). Our cars bring a lot of salt and sand in (therefore a ton of dust), and sweeping the area takes quite a bit of effort. And willpower. And produces piles that I’d rather not take any pictures of :).

• Crystal says:

Well, you’re kind. They looked pretty massive to me. 🙂

I can’t remember the last time we swept… probably at least a few months ago, if not longer!

• Slides 'n Sandboxes says:

During the winter I cannot sweep our garage as often as I would like since the floor is constantly wet from all the snow we bring in, so by the time the floor is dry enough, I put up a ton of Get Well cards and fish for sympathy :). Not really, but the idea is appealing 😀

• RuthS says:

I was going to say those are really tiny garage dirt piles too 🙂

• Lexa says:

I agree – those dirt piles are nothing! 🙂 We have a carport (three walls, one with ‘windows,’ and no garage door), so ours is full of leaves plus all the trash that falls out of our van … fast food wrappers, receipts, etc. It’s a sad, sad sight.

• Joy says:

Yup, my garage here in Central NY has those same salt/sand dust piles and other winter road debris. It’s not even worth cleaning until at least May. LOL.

• Sandra says:

Well, I accomplished nothing in the cleaning department today. It remained in the mid 30’s here and by the time I got off of work, it was snowing. The garden will wait another day.

I did check out the recipes at Muir Glen and made their Cannellini with Tomatoes and Sage. I whipped it together before work. I had to substitute 1 teaspon dry sage for the 1 tablespoon fresh in the recipe. I tried it when it was hot off the stove and I have to say, I thought it tasted better later in the day, after it had been sitting for awhile.

• Lana says:

I never got to it. We have been kind of stressed with our middle son and his wife who live near Boston. Tomorrow is another day 🙂

• Amy R says:

Our prayers go out to those in the Boston area!!! Praise the Lord…they got the bad guy. Maybe those poor people can sleep a little more soundly tonight. I was so proud to be an American when I saw those people cheer the police as they left the scene.

• Marie says:

I didn’t get the garage cleaned due to the almost 8-10inches of snow we got last night. Like someone else commented the salt and sand is constant until the snow’s gone. But I love when we can clean it out on a half way decent day.
    However, my kids went through ALL their books, toys and stuffed animals and dolls!!! This was such a huge success!!! I can not wait to have a yard sale!!!

• Maia says:

Wow, I sweep out our garage weekly and get about a pile that size each time!

• Carla says:

I can not begin to tell you how messy our garage is! But what I have some over the last 4 weeks, is each week,I have either recycled or thrown away LOTS of stuff. I made a list and there are at least 40 or more things on the list I have slowly gotten rid of, to avoid a trip to the dump. within a couple of weeks, all the junk will be removed, and then we can organize and sweep and hang things up. This is a HUGE job.

• Luba says:

If that is all you had to do in your garage, wow! You have an amazingly clean garage.

• Shelly says:

My husband is the one who keeps our garage spotless. Really the garage floor is as clean as the kitchen floor. He also keeps the cars very clean too. So today I worked on the entryway, clearing off the clutter and I did a quick clean of the kitchen, living room and bathroom so we are all set for the weekend. 🙂

• Major cleanout of my truck for me today, even flipped up the back seat & cleaned there-things that hadn’t seen the light of day in years, probably!! I was shocked at the amount of trash & things that had just never been picked up & carried into the house.

• K Quinn says:

I didn’t touch the garage. It is beyond my scope. My husband has this on his radar. Instead I cleaned the front entry and kept an eye on the news.

• CristinaS says:

No garage, to late at night for car (in the street) so…easy choice. I tackle the entry door and vacuum all the house…got a leg up into next week. Nice!

• Sarah says:

Eventually, we I have about 2 weeks to spare, I’ll clean out the garage :). We have neither a basement nor storage area, so the garage is packed to the gills with stuff. A yard sale will soon follow that endeavor 🙂

• Theresa says:

I am finally caught up! It feels so good to be back on track.
    Your garage doesn’t look too shabby compared to ours. We have actually scheduled babysitters for two (!) days next month so we can take care of the horrendous mess.

• bberg says:

We did a deep cleaning garage cleaning last weekend. Our eldery cat passed a couple weeks ago. So we totally cleaned and rearranged. Lots of leaves, cat fur and litter. Look great. Your piles were so small and no leaves. You must not have many trees! Leaves love being in my garage!

• Denise says: