Welcome to the Early to Rise Challenge! Throughout the month of March, I’m challenging myself and my readers to make the most of their mornings. So every week day morning at 9 a.m. EST, I’m posting a short Early to Rise post. I’ll share a few of my thoughts on the day’s passage from Early to Rise, tell you what time I got up that morning, and encourage you to leave a comment to tell us what time you got up and how you’re doing on the challenge.
Don’t Live Today on Accident
You have a choice today: you can stumble through life just trying to make it through and survive the day. Or, you can live today on purpose.
Which option do you think will give you more fulfillment and productivity? Living each day with intention will give you much more energy and passion for life, not to mention that you’ll probably end up doing a lot more things that matter!
Andy mentions in today’s Early to Rise passage making out a framework for your day. I love this and it’s something that I do every single day. It’s likely the Type A in me, but I just can’t stand to live my days without some sort of plan in place. 🙂
So, either before I go to bed at night or first thing in the morning, I write out the to-do’s for the day and create a simple order for the day. I write a targeted time beside each item on the list and this helps to keep me on track. However, I don’t feel constrained to stick exactly with this time; it’s more of a ballpark figure.
The structure for most of each day is somewhat similar around here, but because my husband and I are both self-employed, there are variables and no day is exactly alike. So, instead of trying to stick with a scheduled formula of sorts for each and every day, making a fresh plan each morning has been really helpful for this season of our lives.
Do you have a plan for today? If not, take 5 minutes right now to make out a simple game plan. The little bit of time you invest in this will likely pay off in big dividends throughout the day!
Related post: My Top 3 Tips for Getting Stuff Done
What Time Did You Get Up This Morning?
I got another great night’s sleep last night! Went to bed at 9:30 p.m. and got up — without an alarm! — a little after 5:40 a.m. My phone was dead, so I had to charge it up before I could get a picture of the clock. 🙂
What time did you get up? Leave a comment and let us know!
Join in the Chatter!
Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post for today below. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the Early to Rise Group Board on my Pinterest page, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.
Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? Each week day morning on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account, I’ll be posting a picture of my alarm clock as public accountability. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #EarlytoRise to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!
Other posts in the Early to Rise Challenge series
- The 30-Day Early to Rise Challenge Begins on Friday (grab your ebook for just $4.99!)
- Early to Rise Challenge: Day 1 (Your Mindset Matters)
- Early to Rise Challenge: Wake Up With a Plan for Your Day
- Early to Rise Challenge: It's Not Always Easy (and am I the only one who thinks drinking coffee black is crazy??)
- 15 Things You Can Do Each Morning to Make Your Day More Successful
- Early to Rise Challenge: Adjust Your Attitude
- 11 Things to Do Tonight to Set You Up for Success Tomorrow
- Early to Rise Challenge: Change Your Life By Taking One Small Step at a Time
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find the Artist in You
- Early to Rise Challenge: "It's Your World, So Change It"
- Early to Rise Challenge: Swim Upstream
- Early to Rise Challenge: Focus on Other People
- 5 Steps to Start Your Day With a Better Attitude
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find What Motivates You
- Early to Rise Challenge: The Halfway Mark!
- Early to Rise Challenge: Choose Who You Will Be Today
- Free printable: 17 Ways to Set Your Morning Up for Success
- Early to Rise Challenge: Don't Live Today on Accident
- Early to Rise Challenge: Be Quiet
- Early to Rise Challenge: Face Your Day With a Smile
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find an Accountability Partner
- Early to Rise: Share Your Success (and why I have a new crazy-early wake-up time!)
- 11 Things You Can Do Tonight to Set You Up for Success Tomorrow (free printable)
- Early to Rise Challenge: You're Not Alone
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Sanity with a Newborn
- Early to Rise Challenge: Begin Your Day With Prayer
- Early to Rise Challenge: Don't Settle for Average!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!